Chapter Six

"NO!" Snowflake screamed. She launched off the ground, knocking the attacker off Snow Flurry. "Aequor! Do something!"

The spirit nodded and started glowing brighter. "Right. Is this good enough?"

Snowflake heard Ice Spike growl and he raked another Summerwolf's stomach. "Shining like a pixie? I don't think so!"

"I can't do anything else without water!"

Snow Flurry rolled out from under the Summerwolf. "Holly Berry, you heard her! Make yourself useful and go get some water!"

Holly Berry obeyed and took off, yelling "Yes, Snow Flurry!!" Another Summerwolf broke through the bushes- two, three, four more. The Winterwolves were surrounded.

"I bet they're working for Springshade!" One Summerwolf scowled. "Why else would they be here?"

"Something stupid like peace I bet!" Another snarled.

Snowflake backed up, running into another wolf. She jolted around, just to see it was Ice Spike. She moved closer.

"Not another move."

Snow Flurry moved.

"I SAID NOT ANOTHER MOVE!"

Snow Flurry lunged.

"GET OFF ME BRAT!"

Claw met claw, yet Snowflake couldn't find the courage to move. Ice Spike jolted out from behind her and knocked the Summerwolf off his paws.

Finally, blinking like an idiot, Snowflake came to her senses and ran towards them, howling. Her claws unsheathed as she pushed herself forward, sliding under the Summerwolf's stomach as she scraped it.

Heat Wave yowled and tumbled over, taking Snow Flurry with him. Snow Flurry growled and leaped out of his grasp. The other Summerwolves circled them, snarling and growling. 

"I'm here!" Holly Berry yelled, running in with a big wet wad of moss. She tossed in up in the air to Aequor as the spirit jumped over the Summerwolves to grab it. She caught the moss in her mouth and all the water instantly came out, flowing in patterns around the sea Spirit.

Snowflake was amazed at Aequor's skill. She watched in awe so intensely that she didn't notice the Summerwolf behind her. He was completely on top of her before Snowflake came to her senses and pushed him off, daggers of water making him flee.

A flashing golden light suddenly appeared in front of Snowflake. A white shape begun to take place, with icy blue eyes that seemed to pierce right through her.

"I'm HEEEEEEEEEEEERRREEEEEEEE!" The wolf said.

"Oh no," Snowflake heard Aequor say.

"Oh YES!" the stranger corrected, the light fading. Snowflake now realizing that he looked familiar. Aequor walked up to him and she saw that they looked almost identical. The Summerwolves seemed to back up a few steps at the sight of the other spirit.

"Snowflake, Snow Flurry, Ice Spike, Holly Berry, others. This is my twin brother Gelu." Aequor explained, looking slightly annoyed.

"Correction, I am her FABULOUS twin brother Gelu, Winterwolf spirit of ice and all things BEAUTIFUL!"

Aequor rolled her eyes.

"Well," Holly Berry said. "Wanna fight some Summerwolves?"

Gelu nodded. "Of COURSE I do!" he sang, leaping on top of a Summerwolf before he could escape. Aequor and Snow Flurry took another together.

Snowflake ran to another Summershade fighter and clawed her side. They hissed and tumbled over on Snowflake, biting down into her side. Snowflake yowled and rolled over so she was the one on top. She bit the Summerwolf's shoulder and raked her side before she was pushed off. Blood was stained on Snowflake's paws and she has several scratches on her body.

A wave came up where Aequor was standing and pushed the Summerwolves back. Drenching wet, Heat Wave staggered up, letting out a strange howl.

The wolves stayed still for a few moments, then leaves rustled behind the Summerwolves. Seven more came out of the bushes. Aequor sprayed water at them and Gelu froze their feet, but that only stalled them for a small time until they broke free.

"Aequor! Gelu! Do something you idiot spirits!" Holly Berry yelled.

"Don't you mean GORGEOUS spirits?" Gelu sang.

"Mmhm." Holly Berry said sarcastically. "Well? Aequor?"

"I'm out of water, sorry!"

Snow Flurry sighed. Snowflake watched as the Summerwolves circled her, Ice Spike, Holly Berry, Aequor, and Gelu. Heat Wave grabbed Snow Flurry and smirked victoriously. "Looks like Vici and Bellum were on OUR side!"

Snowflake saw tears in Aequor and Holly Berry's eyes. She stood by Ice Spike, leaning into his white fur.

"This will teach you a lesson about trespassing, little Winterwolves," Heat Wave snarled. "Now, I wonder... how much do you like your beta?"

"Leave her alone!" Snowflake cried, voice cracking.

"Awwwwwww, she means that much to you?" The summerwolf teased. "Well then you would be devastated if I-"

"DON'T DO IT!" Holly Berry yelled. "Snow Flurry don't let him!" Snow Flurry struggled against his grasp, but Heat Wave was too strong.

Snap

"NO!"

"SNOW FLURRY!!!!!"

"OUR BETA!"  

Snow Flurry's limp bod fell to the floor. All Summerwolves growled and walked away. Holly Berry sunk to the floor in tears, Snowflake following her.

"This just proves how strong Summershade truly is."

Word count: 804

A/N Sorry so short, got writer's block ;-;