Chapter One

Snow flew into Snowflake's face as she paced the icy courtyard. She was alone, with the exception of her sister,  Snowy Owl (great idea, parents, name both of your pups 'snow!') As much as the snow irritated Snowflake, she had to keep going, as they were on a very special mission.

"I'm huuuuuuuuuungry!" Owl whined. "And cold. WHY IS IT SNOWING SO MUCH???"

Snowflake rolled her eyes. "Wolf up, Owl. We live in Wintershade. And we are literally going to get food!"

Owl looked up at her with big blue eyes. "But I heard Polar Bear say that there's not a lot of food here anymore! It's getting too cold!" 

Owl had to hop to catch up to Snowflake, and every once in a while she would fall, and Snowflake had to stop, and pick her up, and then Owl would start whining again.

"Shhh! Maybe the reason there's no prey is because you keep running your loud mouth!!" Snowflake whispered. 

"'Running your loud mouth!'" Owl mocked. "Fine. I be quiet. Buuuuuuuuut it might be useful to know that somethin' smells good over here-!" Owl unexpectedly took off in a whole other direction, leaving tiny paw prints in the snow. Snowflake was forced to run after her, if Owl had smelled prey, that would make her a hero.

"Owl!" Snowflake called when she finally caught up to her. "You can't just run off like- woah." In her claws, Owl held a fat pigeon. "How- what- huuuuuuuh!?"

"I told you I scented something! Oh yeah, a bunch of other flew off that way." Snowy Owl pointed to an area where the snow started thinning out and grass begun to show. "I say we head there next!"

Snowflake shook her head. "That's Springshade. Sorry, sis." She turned the other way and said, "We should head back... maybe we can catch something else on the way. Maybe a hare, for mother..."

"Wait!" Owl stopped Snowflake. "I want to get something for Rhinestone, she hasn't eaten in a long time. I say we head into Springshade. They're BOOMING with prey, they can share!"

Snowflake was shocked. Did her sister really say that?? All of a sudden, Snowflake felt a sharp in her head. Visions were flooding in, one after another...

She came back with hardly enough food

She refused to feed the leader

She gave her prey to those who needed it most; including the Omega

She was killed

She gave the food to her leader instead.

She was praised

The Omega died

She lived the rest of her life with guilt

He was adventurous

He ventured to Springshade. 

He came back with plenty of food. 

He started a war.

He was killed

He found no food

He was looked down upon

He became the Omega

Wake up, Snowflake! C'mon,

"Wake up! Arrgh, THIS IS NO TIME TO NAP!!!!" Snowflake dizzily opened her eyes to see Snowy Owl hovering above her. She jumped to her paws, looking frantically around.