Chapter 3

[-Demon Slayer-]

It's today...

Today is the day we will run away and be free...

...or we die and nothing will ever hurt us again.

I honestly can't say which is better...If we fail, then I will feel guilty for the rest of my life. I mean, I have to defeat the demon and I have to save as many children as possible. Is it even possible for a thirteen-year-old girl? I would at least like to know how strong this demon is. 'nice lady' said I had potential, but was she really right? Maybe she just mistook me for someone else and that someone should kill the enemy. Alright... I shouldn't worry about it ... I have my friends next to me who will help me and never leave me.

Right...?

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

You could hear the doorbell. Everyone was surprised because no one ever visits the 'farm'. I mean, nobody visits them from the outside. It was evening and it was dark, so it seemed strange to everyone. Only four friends felt like the fear greeted their bodies. They knew it was a demon that had come here to eat all the kids.

"Kids! I want you all to come here!"

As she said, so did all the children. A large group of children of all ages stand in the main hall. Of course including Y/N, Takuya, Kenjirō, Keiichirō, Kōichi and Kumiko. It was a shock for them again. A man wearing a suit was standing next to the 'nice lady' who was smiling suspiciously. He has black hair, green eyes, and a normal facial appearance. 'What...?!' Y/N thought 'He looks perfectly normal' Was that what the demons looked like? Do they look like normal people? Is it possible that the 'nice lady' lied to Y/N?

"Now now. Don't look at our guest like that. This can make him uncomfortable" 'nice lady' said, clapping her hands. "I'm sure you are wondering what kind of surprise I have prepared for you?" she said "You see ... Today is the day some of you will finally be able to go outside" She turned to the other 'nice lady' who handed her a piece of paper "Now I will read your names. If I read someone, please go out to the garden" Everyone was looking at her, because everyone here dreams of going further than the gate. But Y/N was more angry 'So our plan will fail' was all she thought.

"Youko"

"Ayame"

"Sho"

"Miyu"

"Takumi"

"Hirohito"