Chapter 4

[-Ice Estate-]

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

I am very comfortable...

Wait...

Where I am...?

.

.

.

I'm lying in a very comfortable place. I guess it's a bed...or maybe I just died and now I rest on a cloud in the sky. It was warm and I didn't feel this freezing feeling. I slowly began to open my eyes.
My eyes still blur a little, but not as much as during the demon attack. Demon attack...

...Oh my God! I completely forgot about what happened in the forest!! What about Takuya? What about Kenjirō, Keiichirō and Kōichi? What about Kumiko? Are they alive? Are they safe? Oh my God! I was supposed to protect them, and I gave up on the demon's first move! I'm a terrible friend!

I started to get up, ignoring the fact that I could hardly see anything. I felt myself fall and moments later my face hit the floor. The fall made a loud noise, and I'm sure someone heard it. I tried to get off the floor, but my muscles gave up. After the fifth try, I found it better to wait for help. I heard someone open the door and enter the room. Of course, I couldn't see the face, but I can tell from the blurred body that it was a woman. I guess she finally noticed that I wasn't in bed because she gasped in surprise.

"Oh my! What happened? How did you end up on the floor?"

It was a sweet voice, nothing like the 'nice lady' voice. I guess I'm no longer on the 'farm' or they just hired a new babysitter. I hope not...

The 'sweet voice' helped me up and put me back on the bed. She made sure that I felt comfortable and that nothing disturbed me while lying down. When she finally made sure all was fine, she moved away from my bed and stood not far away. "Is everything ok? Does anything hurt you?"
'sweet voice' said. I shook my head "And your eyes? Are you slowly starting to see?" I nodded. She breathed a sigh of relief "That's good"

"OI! OI! She's awake already!? Only two days have passed! Strong girl!"

I will not lie. I was scared of that strong voice coming from the corridor. I figured it was a man. Maybe a man of about twenty-five.

"Yes, I agree, but when I got into the room she was lying on the floor so I guess she wanted to get up" 'sweet voice' said. The man laughed so hard and loudly that it was impossible not to hear him. "I see! Well, Akina-san will you come out please? I'd like to talk to our guest!" 'Sweet voice' or Akina-san bowed and left the room, leaving me and the loud man alone. I heard the man sit down in the chair next to my bed.