Chapter 5

[-Don't scare me like that anymore-]

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

Okay, if I have one word to describe yesterday's situation, I would say: failure.
Not only did I not get permission to become a demon slayer, but I also got a very long and boring lecture about how dangerous it is and how much I deserve a normal life.

Bullshit!

I am aware of what I want and I am definitely not going to give up. If Daikoji-sama doesn't want to help me then I'll take what I want by myself. And no one, neither Daikoji-sama nor Sakui-san can pull me away from it. I am a big girl and I will definitely be fine. Besides, Daikoji-sama himself admitted that the most common age for becoming a demon slayer is between 13 and 16. So where is the problem?!

Day like everyday.
First I wake up, then eat breakfast, lie down and get bored until noon waiting for Sakui-san to bring my medication, then dinner and sleep. This routine sounds terrible - it is - but sometimes it's good to just relax.
You can also think of a plan of how to secretly practice in front of Daikoji-sama so that he doesn't notice.

Suddenly, Sakuya-san's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Good morning! How are you feeling today?"
"Today is surprisingly good, I think the drugs are starting to work because I haven't felt any pain since I woke up"
"Great relief! I'll be honest with you, it took so long that I was starting to think you'd never be able to walk again" She said it with such an awkward smile that I felt sorry for her.
"But let's not focus on that right now. We'd better talk about your rehabilitation" I think she noticed how my eyes lit up because her smile widened. It wasn't a secret that I wanted to walk again. I just want to meet my friends again. I want to hug them, I want to say how happy I am that they are alive and how sorry I am that I was not able to protect them myself.

"We will start today. I will come to you later to take you to another room. I advise you to sleep well as it will be quite tiring" I nodded my head. She gave me medication and left the room, leaving me with my thoughts. I wonder what it will be like on this rehabilitation. I hope it won't last long, because I want to start walking and running again as fast as possible. I want to...wait. Oh god, I forgot to ask how the boys and Kumiko were doing. Well, now I have to wait for Sakui-san to come after me. This time I will ask her for sure. But now it's time for a nap.

一時間後
one ʜᴏᴜʀ ʟᴀᴛᴇʀ
ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

I woke up half an hour ago. I dreamed that I was a demon slayer. That I was the strongest and most popular. That I killed the so-called 'upper moons' and that everyone loved me. But I was most happy when I saw all my friends, Sakui-san, Hideko-chan and Daikoji-sama in my dream. I was happy like never before when Daikoji-sama said he was proud of me. I hope this dream will come true one day.