9. Almost Accident

Why, you may ask? Well, the heart wants what it wants, and I want to appreciate all you gorgeous people out there who are supporting this book, so here's a lil surprise again! 😘

(Multan ^^)

Enjoy 🌸

_______________________________________

Hooriya's POV:

I sighed in frustration as I looked out the window and thought back on my husband's outrageous demands. How can he even think that I would cut contact with Sameer, my best friend of five years, simply because I was now a married woman? What does marriage even have to do with our friendship anyway? I understand that I need to keep an appropriate amount of distance from him as he is a na-mehram (In Islam, any man you can marry is considered to be a na-mehram), but I would have done even if I wasn't married. I just shook my head at his absurdness and continued watching the beautiful Punjab landscape pass by.

...jis baat ka tujhko darr hai

Wo karke dikha dunga

Aise na mujhe tum dekho

Seene se laga lunga...

Feeling a burning gaze on me, I looked up to find Suleiman intently looking at me through the SUV's side mirror. He wasn't driving today, and my wonderful luck had led me to sit right behind him again. The way he was looking at me had me thinking that perhaps those lines were meant specifically for this moment. Not having the courage to look into his black orbs anymore, I averted my gaze and tried to hide my blush from him.

"I never imagined Pakistan to be this beautiful, and to think we haven't even been to the infamous northern areas yet," Umar exclaimed as he nudged me with his elbow, referring to the passing green farm fields. I smiled.

"You found out just now, jahil (An illiterate, uneducated man of sorts)? Our country has always been this beautiful," I heard Bilal, who was currently driving, snicker and pass a comment I knew was going to rile Umar up. And as expected, I saw Umar's eyebrows rising and that indicated that a heated argument was about to start. But before either one of them could open their mouths again, I interfered and stopped them from embarrassing us with their shameless banter.

"Acha bus, bila waja larne ki koi zarurat nahi hai. Hum enjoy karne ayay hein, larne nahi, (Okay enough, there's no need to uselessly fight. We're here to enjoy, not fight)" I quickly deflated the anger that my brother was surely going to explode upon us all, and sent him a warning look. Omar sighed and went back to his scenery gazing.

"Ahsan Bhai ap kab say itnay slow songs sunne lage, koi fast song laga aina, (Ahsan bhai since when did you start listening to such slow songs? Come on put on something fast)" Madiha sighed out loud and complained to our current DJ. I mentally gave Madiha a pat on the back for voicing out my exact thoughts and unknowingly saving me from her brother's growing shameless stares. Finally after constant phone scrolling and arguments between the two siblings, their 'song' was put on. Kamariya (Stree) was put on as Mansha and Madiha danced it off on their seats. My brother and Ahsan too started moving to the beats, and eventually, I let loose a bit as well. We probably looked like maniacs right now, but I couldn't care less. After ten minutes of constant laughing and joking around, we finally settled down.