𝐌𝐚𝐭𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

(AMELIA'S POV)

A hour later, Scott left to go home for the weekend. He also loves in Boston, so it's quite far away. I stayed with Chris the whole time, until a doctor walks in. "Oh, sorry but the visitors have to leave. Or are you his partner?" she asks. "What if I am?" I reply as I look at her. "You can stay then. I have some news on the lungs of Mr. Evans here" she explains. I FaceTime Scott so he can listen with me. "Mr. Evans' lungs are not in a good shape. If he wants to survive, we need both lungs removed and one or two replaced. Mr. Evans, Scott, we tested yours but unfortunately your lungs aren't a match to his. We need to find another donor before we can help him" she tells. I look at her with tears in my eyes as Scott remains silent.

"What if I am a match?" I quickly ask. "No, you don't have to do that Amelia. They'll find someone" says Scott. "But what if I am a match? It can all get better when I am a match" I add. He looks at me through the phone and nods. "Fine, but only if you want to do this. You'll only have one lung left if you do it..." he replies while he looks concerned. "I'm doing it of I'm a match. I can save his life by doing this" I add. Scott agrees, and I hang up the phone.

The doctors checked me up, and I get back to Chris. I sit down next to the bed, and softly grab his hand. "Please get better..." I whisper, and I tear falls down. Suddenly, Chris' hand moves a little. I look at him immediately, but his eyes are still closed. I break down as I look at him, and I can't stop myself from crying next to him. "I can't loose you.. Please don't go... Please get better..." I softly cry out, and I place my head in my hands.

A few hours later, the doctor walks into the room. I look at her with hope in my eyes, and she smiles at me. "You're a match, miss Moore" she tells. I look at her, keep crying and nod. "Are you sure about this miss?" she asks. "Yes, I am. Can we do it as soon as possible?" I ask.
"We can do it tomorrow morning. We'll come get you here and prepare you and him both for surgery" she adds. "Thank you so much. Also, something happens a few seconds ago. He moved his hand... Is that a bad thing?" I ask. She smiles at me with a kind little sigh. "It means that he reacts to you. He hears you and he feels you. Goodnight miss Moore" she says, and she walks away.

I look back at Chris and smile. "So, you can hear me hm? That's kind of awkward though. Anyways, you're going to have surgery tomorrow! Please get better okay?" I softly tell, and a few moments after that I fall asleep on the chair.

I get woken up by the doctors the next morning. They prepare me for surgery, and get me to the OR.
I get to sleep, and slowly wake up a few hours after the surgery. I slowly open my eyes, and look to my side. I see Chris laying on a bed next to me, without the tube this time. I softly smile, and close my eyes again.

"Amelia? What happened?" I hear someone ask me. I open my eyes again and look to my left. I see Sebastian standing next to me, looking into my eyes. "Hey Seb" I softly let out, as I try to sit up straight. The whole middle part of my body hurts, but I sit ik anyway. "He needed a lung that matched to him so-" I explain, but Sebastian interrupts me. "You gave him your lung?! Oh my God" he replies. I sigh, and look back at him. "You... You what..?" I hear coming from my right. I immediately look, and see that Chris has woken up. "Chris!" says Sebastian, and he rushes towards him.

The doctor walks in, and tells us that the surgery has been successful. We can both go home today. "Is there someone to take care of you at home Mr. Evans?" the doctor asks. "Um, no, but I'll be fine thank you" he replies. "I'm sorry but I can't let you go home if you're going to be alone there. You just got out of a coma and you're going to be tired a lot for the next few weeks. You might get some pain in all of your muscles because you haven't moved in such a long time. Sometimes it can feel like you can't move certain muscles" she explains. He sighs and looks away. "I can't do that to anyone. Everybody has a family and I don't want anyone to gat away from them for a few weeks" says Chris. "I... I don't have a family. I can take care of you" I say, while I look at him.

He looks into my eyes for the first time since he woke up. I can feel the goosebumps showing up on my arms as I look back at him. "But you gave me your lung... I don't won't you to-" he says, but I interrupt him. "I don't mind, I want to take care of you!" I reply. He softly smiles and nods. "We're talking about day and night care. 24/7 for a couple of weeks" tells the doctor. I nod, and look back at Chris.

After a while, Sebastian and the doctor leave. Chris slowly gets out of his bed and stands up. "You shouldn't do that!" I say as I try to hold him back, but he walks towards me. He sits down on my bed next to me, and makes me move over. I softly smile and look at him. "I don't know how to thank you" he says, while tears fill his eyes. "You don't" I reply, and I place my head on his shoulder. "But you literally gave me a part of you, Amelia. And now you even want to take care of me..." he adds. "I wanted to do this for you, so you don't have to thank me at all. You can move in with me if you want, or I can move in with you if you want" I silently ask. "Are you a hundred procent sure about this?" he asks again. I nod and smile while my head is still resting on his shoulder. "I have a dog, as you know. Maybe you can move in with me so I can still take care of him?" he asks. "Of course! If you're okay with that" I reply, and I remove my head from his shoulder. "I am!" he says, and we both softly laugh.