[12] my tear's ricochet

"We gotta move out," Steve informed them. "Even I can tell the air is getting thin. You guys get to the boats, I'll sweep for stragglers, be right behind you."

"What about the core?" Clint inquired.

"I'll protect it," Wanda announced, "It's my job."

Steve, Clint and Natasha went off to do their jobs. Wanda addressed her brother, "Get the people on the boats."

"I'm not going to leave you here," Pietro pointed out.

"I can handle this," she informed him before blasting a robot that was approaching. "Come back for me when everyone else is off, not before."

"Hmm," Pietro replied.

"You understand?" she asked.

"You know, I'm twelve minutes older than you," he reminded her.

Wanda laughed, "Go."

"I'll go if she stays," Pietro stated and Beatrix sent her shield at the oncoming robot before looking over at the siblings. He was watching her expectantly. She nodded and he smiled, "Thank you, Princessa." And then he took off.

"Go with him," Wanda said, "Make sure he's safe."

"He'll kill me if anything happens to you."

"And I'll kill you if anything happens to him."

She groaned, "Stupid twins." And then she teleported to the boat.

"You would think a man running at an inhuman speed would be easy to find," Beatrix muttered as she walked through the rubble of the town. Before she could even fully process what was happening, bullets came raining down from the sky. She hit her wrists together and created a force field surrounding her.

She looked around, seeing if anyone was in harm's way when her eyes landed on a blur that had run straight in front of Clint where he was carrying a child. Her eyes widened as the bullets stopped.

"No!" she screamed before she teleported to the three.

"You didn't see that coming," Pietro said with a faint smile as he fell backward. Beatrix wrapped her arms around him quickly, using her powers to seal all the wounds.

She fell to the ground with him as Clint came over. Beatrix placed her fingers on his neck to check for a pulse, "Damn it." She was quick to adjust her position and place her hands on his chest. She took a deep breath before she sent an electric shock through his heart. She pushed down on his chest, performing compressions that would get his blood pumping again.

"Handover," she could hear Steve say.

Beatrix shook her head as she sent another shock through his heart. "You're not dying on my watch," she muttered as she continued the compressions, "Not today."

"Beatrix-"

"Let her try," Clint interrupted.

She sent another shock through his heart. If this didn't work...He let out a gasp and Beatrix felt relief wash over her. "Thank god," she breathed out. She lifted his head up slightly by his neck and he flashed her a weak smile, "You're an idiot, you know that?"

He nodded slowly, "You've told me once or twice."

Beatrix looked up at Steve, "Can you help him to the ship?"

"I can walk," Pietro stated.

She snorted, "You can barely stand. He's helping you."

"Are you always this bossy?" he inquired as Steve helped him carefully to his feet.

She opened her mouth to reply but Steve and Clint beat her to it, "Yes."

"My sister," Pietro said and Beatrix nodded.

"I'll find her."

"I'll come with you."

"No," she replied. "You need to get rest. You were dead and now you're not. I'm under the impression that that's not an easy recovery."

"How about that kiss, eh?" he inquired.

"If you promise to never pull something like that again, you can have all the kisses you want," she informed him before she disappeared.

"Wanda!" Beatrix shouted as she looked around the rubble. She huffed, "God, when this is over, I am so getting you and your brother a bell."

She spotted the all too familiar scarlet color of the girl's powers and made her way to the bus it was coming from. "Wanda!" she tried again when the ground shook.

It felt as though gravity was no longer apparent and her body raised up off the ground. She squeezed her eyes shut and focused, teleporting herself to where Wanda was floating. She quickly grabbed the girls hand and teleported them both to the boat.

"No!" Pietro shouted as the town began to drop. Steve placed his hand across the boy's chest, preventing him from going toward it, "No!"

"You can't do anything," he pointed out. "You'll only get yourself killed."

"If my sister is dead, I am dead," he informed Steve. "And if Beatrix dies because she went after my sister for me..."

"It's not your fault," Steve informed him, patting his shoulder in what was intended to be a comforting manner. "They both knew the risk when they decided to come."

Wanda and Beatrix landed on the ground of the ship with a thud. Beatrix gasped as she rolled onto her back. "Pietro..." Wanda trailed off. "He's-" her voice cracked.

"Wanda," Pietro spoke up, relief clear in his voice.

Wanda's head shot up and her eyes welled with more tears, "Pietro."

Beatrix allowed her eyes to flutter shut as she rested her head on the ground. She did as she had promised and kept them both alive. Barely.

"I thought you were dead," Wanda choked out.

"I was."

"But how-"

"Beatrix," he explained simply. "She saved me."

Beatrix zoned out the remainder of their conversation as she felt herself start to drift off. Wanda's voice pulled her back from rest. She resisted the urge to groan.

"Thank you," she spoke up and Beatrix opened her eyes again. She forced herself to sit up and turned to face the twins. Wanda was smiling gratefully at her.

"Oh, that?" she inquired, gesturing to nowhere in particular. She waved her hand, "That was nothing."

Pietro's lip quirked up slightly and he whispered something to his sister. Wanda glanced over at Beatrix before looking up at him and nodding. She walked off as Pietro approached Beatrix.

He reached his hand down for her to grab. She placed her hand in his, "That was not nothing."

She rolled her eyes as he pulled her to her feet. He held onto her hand and she was pressed up against his chest. She looked up at him, "I was just doing my job."

"Well, I am grateful," he informed her and she fought down a smile. There was just something about his voice that made her feel comfortable. That made her feel at home.

"You should be," she replied with a nod, "I saved your life."

He laughed, "I thought it was nothing."

"Okay, maybe not nothing," she replied. "It was something, I suppose."

"Hmm, something," he repeated as he held her close to him by the small of her back. "I believe I was promised a kiss."

"Were you?" she inquired. He narrowed his eyes slightly and she grinned. She leaned up and pressed her lips to his. She rested her hands on either side of his face. She pulled away after a moment, "How was that?"

His lip tugged upward slightly, "I don't know. I think we will have to try again."