Chapter 24

"They're so going to kiss!" Benny leaned towards the television. The sun never truly set at the headquarters. So, Will and Suzy had the greatest idea of closing all the curtains to the break room and moving to the largest television in the room. It was hooked to the wall that was opposite to the door. The lights were dimmed to make it feel like they were in a movie theatre.

It was great!

There were so many cupids and anticupids that had all come in to see why the lights were off in the room. Many of them had made bets beforehand as well and wanted to see how these two love birds were doing.

"It's going to be tonight," Lee cheered on with Benny. "I can feel it!"

"I still doubt it," Sarah crossed her arms. "I don't even think they're going to kiss tonight."

"No, Sarah!" Benny said. "Don't say that! You'll jinx it!"

"I hope I do!" Sarah laughed. "I'm going to lose too much money if they actually get together."

"Okay, I got the snacks!" Will raced over there. "What did I miss?"

"Niko's made Solomon smile again," Benny told him. "I'm pretty sure that he's blushing, but I don't know that for sure. And Sarah's being a meany."

"I just don't think they're going to kiss tonight!" Sarah laughed and grabbed a handful of popcorn.

"I don't think they should kiss ever," Justin grumbled.

"Oh, shut up, grumpy," Suzy said. "Let Solomon actually have a good time for once. The poor man needs it."

"Aww," Lee had his eyes on the screen, completely ignoring them. "Arthur's case was such an adorable one. The poor guy was so obsessed with saving animals, he couldn't save himself."

"Him and Linda are absolutely adorable together," Suzy said. They loved to talk about old cases that they had.

"Was Arthur's case one of yours?" Benny asked.

"Oh, no," Lee shook his head. "His heart wasn't really closed. He just never focused on love. His heart went out to all the animals he saved."

"How did you guys find out about his case then?"

"Skimmed through the channels on here," Lee shrugged. "You'd be surprised what different cases you could find. Suzy and I would do it for fun on our off time."

"Arthur's story was the cutest one!" Suzy cooed. "It was obvious that he liked Linda by everyone-except her, of course. The cupid on that case did really well on getting them together."

"It took forever," Lee shook his head. "They became friends first, and then Arthur just didn't have the courage to ask her out for five years!"

"Five years?!" Benny looked at them with an open mouth. "How does it take five years to ask someone out?"

"Did I mention that he was obsessed with animals?" Lee chuckled. "He put his pets above all else. Even himself sometimes."

"I'm so glad we don't have to deal with a case like that," Benny shook his head. "That would be so annoying."

"It definitely wouldn't be as entertaining," Sarah said. "This is a dumpster fire waiting to happen."

"It won't be when they kiss!"

"They aren't going to kiss tonight, Benny!" she rolled her eyes. "There's no way it's going to happen."

"Why don't you think they're going to kiss, Sarah?" Will asked her. Her hair was down in a bunch of different braids today. It made her look like licorice.

"Because of that right there," she pointed to the screen.

"Solomon and Niko?"

"No!" she pointed at the screen some more. "Courtney!" She took the remote and zoomed in on a blonde who was in the background. The whole time Solomon and Niko were talking, she was staring at them with the angriest look.

"Ah, jealousy," Justin said. "She's going to be the bullet to their relationship."

"But Niko completely blew her off," Will said.

"That doesn't mean that she's not going to try to sabotage this relationship before it even starts," Sarah said. They looked at the screen to see Solomon get up and excuse himself from the table.

"She's going to follow him," Justin leaned forward. "I know it."

"Aww!" Benny dropped his head onto his hands. "Right when it was getting good too!"

"This would have been a perfect time to get down there and help them out a little," Suzy shook her head. "I hate that rule with Last Chance cases."

"I think it adds to the excitement of it," Will told her. They watched as Courtney quietly excused herself and headed Solomon's way. "This is going to be good."

"What do you think you're doing?!" they heard Courtney say. She had gotten to Solomon in an empty hallway.

"Going to the bathroom?" Solomon answered. Some of the cupids snickered at that, before getting shushed by the others that were watching.

"No, I mean, what are you doing with Niko?" she asked. "You know he's mine, right?"

"Is that why you had your tongue in one of those other guys' ear?" Solomon had stuck out his hip and crossed his arms.

"Oh, this is the best thing since sliced bread," Suzy said as she reached for more popcorn.

"If he tears her a new one, I won't even care if I lose," Sarah laughed. "This is going to be the best cat fight I've seen in a long time."

"You really think he'd go out with someone like you?" Courtney asked Solomon. She had a hand on her hip when she talked to him. "He just wants you because you look like a chick from behind!"

"Look, sweety," Solomon put a hand up to stop her. "I really don't want to do this. It's just a waste of time, and a waste of breath. And, honestly, I've got better things to do than argue with a harlot about whether a guy wants me or not."

"Oh crap!" Sarah laughed again. "That's gotta be the best come back I've heard!"

"Okay," Justin said. "I'll give you guys that one. That was the best way to end that fight before it started."

"She didn't even say anything back!" Benny laughed. The screen just showed Solomon walking away and her looking dumbfounded at him. "He left her speechless!"

"See, Suzy?" Will looked at the woman next to him. "It's just like I said, they're perfect for each other."

"I think you may actually be onto something, Will," the woman smiled at him. "They definitely have a connection with each other."

"Solomon's spunk is a pretty good way to balance out Niko's stubbornness," Lee said. "And Niko might be the perfect thing to keep Solomon from falling into his depression again."

"Thank you," Will puffed up his chest. "That's exactly why I put the two together."

"Hey!' Benny frowned. "I helped!"

"Of course, Benny," Will laughed. "This wouldn't have happened without your magic arrows."

Author's Note: Okay, since I only put a note in every two chapters, I have some things to say. Niko's dad turned out to be waaaaay more of an asshole than I originally planned, and it pissed me off writing him in. It's absolutely hilarious having the cupids as a peanut gallery in this story. It probably makes me laugh way more than it should. But I love them all-even Justin.

Thanks for all the votes and comments guys!

-Saturn