3

It was nightfall, Lydia and Nox were back in Lydia's room. "What did the note say?" Nox asked trying to sound uninterested in the little piece of paper that held something so important. She handed it to Nox, and he opened it quickly. I only revealed two things. It said 10:45, Guard Breakroom. "What does this mean?"

"It when and where Killian Troy will be alone, so we can kill him." Lydia grabbed the piece of paper back from Nox and shoved it into her pocket. She merely walked over to her armoire, opened it, and closely examined all her weapons. Lydia was thinking about how to kill the traitor, the man who killed her fiancé.

Nox walked over to where Lydia and was coming up behind her, close enough for Lydia to feel his breath on her neck. She put down her crossbow and said," What are you doing?"

"Sorry I was just looking at what you were doing, I didn't mean to bother you." Nox said taking many steps back away from Lydia. Changing the subject quickly, Nox added, "How are we going to do it?"

Lydia stared down at her entire store of weapons, "I don't know. I think we should take him, so we don't make a mess. But then it will look like a murder and might cause chaos." She then drew a sword and traced the symbols on the lower part of the blade with her fingers. "I will act in the moment. I want to make him pay." She closed the doors to the armoire, walked past Nox, to the door, and left with only saying, "Stay here" which was not a suggestion rather than an order or a warning.

They had 2 hours till they knew exactly where Troy would be. Nox did not know what to do, he did not know what Lydia was thinking. The things that she could do with her training were very horrific and Nox wanted him to pay but did not know if Lydia was going to get too involved. At the Keep, they were trained to keep emotion out of everything they did. When they were young, they were taught to have no emotion, they were taught to just do want they were told. Over the years, when everyone matured, they learned how to shut out their emotions for a period of time, so an assassin was not all heartless. Nox turned to the desk remembering what the little note in Lydia's pocket said. He planned it out. He had the blueprints for the King's castle right in front of him. He knew that Lydia already knew everything about the Castle since before she started seeing the Prince.

--------------------------------

Lydia was feeling it everywhere, she was hurt but she was ready. She went down to the basement of the Keep where they normally tortured their enemies. Lydia went down the stair and saw the heavy iron door that stood between her and where she would make the man pay for killing her love. She had told Nox that she would decide when they got there but once the King made the announcement her mind went straight to this room. It was a plan room with only one small window crossed with metal bars. There was a table in there with a blanket over it and on the wall, there were chains with handcuffs at the end that were very old, almost as old as the Keep itself. On the ground, there were stains of blood from past prisoners who spoke their last words in this room. Lydia was standing in the room staring at the wall and the small makeshift bed of hay he would lay on. She was ready. Her thoughts only of Lucian and getting her hands covered in blood.