Part 36

(tw: arguing, degradation, spit, smoking, hair pulling and sexual content)

"No, wait. I'm thinking we hit up Molly's. All this drama with Ivory Tower is stressing me out." You say with a shrug.

Hank stands up and walks behind you. Sliding his hands onto your shoulders and rubbing them slightly.

"Or you can come over to my place and we can talk about what's bothering you." Hank says as he drapes his arms around the front of you and sets his chin on the top of your head.

"I like that." You say, reaching for one of his hands and holding it.

"Good." Hank says.

You let go of his hand and he kisses the top of your head. Hank walks into his office and grabs his jacket.

You sit back in the chair and grab your bag from under your desk. Voight walks out of his office and the two of you walk downstairs and into the parking lot. You walk over to your car and get in. Hank drives out of the parking lot and you follow behind him.

Hank pulls up in his driveway and you park in front of his house. You both walk up the driveway and he opens the door, letting you walk inside first.

He closes the door behind him and both of you walk down the hallway and into the kitchen. You sit down at the table and he sits down across from you.

"So, what's bothering you?" Hank asks, leaning back in the chair.

"I mean, obviously we know that Erin went to Ivory Tower about us. How are you okay with that?" You ask.

"I'm not, but at the same time, they were going to find out sooner or later." Hank says.

"But did it have to be your adopted daughter who was excused from the FBI?" You say as you start to raise your voice.

"How did you–" Hank starts to say before you cut him off.

"Al told me." You say.

"Don't interrupt me. I figured you would know that but I guess not." Hank says. You look at him and scoff.

"To my surprise, he's the only one who's been honest with me about her so far." You say in an angry tone.

"When have I not been honest?" Hank leans forward. "Name one time y/n. Oh that's right, you can't. I've never lied to you about her and you never asked." Hank's voice gets louder. "Maybe it's because you're so caught up in your Goddamn bullshit to care about what's going on." He stands up and walks over to the drawer and pulls out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter.

He lights one and takes a long drag before he starts to talk again.

"It seems like you don't understand how things work." Hank mumbles as he blows smoke out his nose.