2.1

SOMEONE TO STAY.

act one ‒‒‒‒ 2.1
( • • 𝗌𝖾𝖺𝗌𝗈𝗇 𝘁𝘄𝗼 : 𝖾𝗉𝗂𝗌𝗈𝖽𝖾 𝘁𝗲𝗻 • • )
"𝗟𝗘𝗦𝗦𝗢𝗡𝗘𝗗 𝗟𝗘𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗘𝗗"

∘∘∘ ELIZABETH'S APARTMENT.
WASHINGTON D.C.

𝓔lizabeth cursed at herself when she tipped over the porcelain mug off her kitchen counter with the back of her hand when turning around. The coffee spilled on the wooden floorboards, shards of porcelain being mixed with the caffeine she had prepared herself to assist on waking up. Elizabeth let out a low gravely groan, leaning forward on the counter, her knuckles turning white as she gripped onto the edge of marble counter.

Elizabeth stood tall, inhaling a deep breath before bending down to the floor to carefully pick up the shards on the floor. She placed them on the palm of her hand, as it began to weigh heavy with the inconsistent sizes of them all. Elizabeth had told herself that the caffeine would surely make up for the lack of sleep from the night before.

Twisting and turning in her bed, staring at the blank ceiling in her apartment, to even relocating to her living room sofa. Nothing could seem to encourage her to shut her eyes and drift to sleep.

The sound of a knock on her door, made her jump from the floor. She felt a piece of the mug fall from her finger, scraping it a little. Elizabeth quickly stood up, throwing away the shards in a near by bin. She approached her door, opening a small gap so she could peek at the person standing at her doorstep.

Elizabeth found a man standing at her doorstep, nervously glancing over the wooden door. His eyes shifted to the crack that had opened. A smile spreading on his face as he was able to look at Elizabeth's eyes.

"Lizzie?" He spoke, bringing a familiar comfort to Elizabeth. She opened the door wider immediately upon hearing the voice of her childhood. Her brother stood at her doorstep, with a wide smile of pearly teeth. His hair was a brown hair, speckled with light shades spread between different strands.

He wore a casual quarter zip jacket with a pair of washed out denim jeans. Elizabeth practically jumped into his arms with a squeal. He gratefully wrapped her arms around her torso matching her enthusiasm. Once letting go, she examined him carefully, reading how much he had matured from the last time she'd seen him.

"Nate, how long has it really been?" She exclaimed gleefully. She placed her hands on her hips, a glistering smile plastered on her face, reaching the corner of her eyes.