⍣ 9 ⍣

a knock on the door stopped the on-going math class.

"hello, i'm sorry to disturb..." the supervisor that had entered apologized. "i need renjun to go to the nurse at the end of this period." she said before bowing and leaving the classroom.

jeno and renjun exchanged a glance, not understanding why they had to go to the nurse.

"did you do something?" jeno asked.

"no." renjun replied. "and if i did, i would have been called to the principal's office, not to the nurse."

"yeah, true." jeno nodded. "sunmi surely has something to say..."

"yeah, surely."

the two boyfriends got back to their maths exercises, not guessing that, on the other side of the classroom, jaemin was trebling in fear, asking himself what dr. park would tell renjun when the period would be over.

"hello, i'd like to see jaemin please." sunmi said, opening the door in the middle of the following period. "now." she added.

jaemin rose to his feet, trying to ignore the stares he was receiving, and trying harder not to care about renjun's eyes that were glued on him.

he followed sunmi out of the classroom, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding when she closed the classroom's door behind their backs.

"don't worry about answering me, just listen to what i am saying." she said with a reassuring smile, signalling jaemin to follow her.

"your doctor talked to renjun, so don't worry about this, things are settled. then, we talked together for a while, and he said that he wanted to try an exercise with you and i to help you getting more confident. that's why you're coming with me at the moment." she explained, to which jaemin nodded.

they reached the nurse's office quickly, and there, jaemin met dr. park who smiled at him.

"hello jaemin. how are you feeling?"

jaemin looked at his doctor, distress visible in his eyes.

he glanced at sunmi who was standing next to them before looking at his doctor again.

he was too afraid to answer.

he truly wanted to answer to dr. park. he was comfortable around him.

but speaking seemed impossible at the moment.

sunmi whas there.

what if she hated him, and his voice?

what if she got violent and hurt him?

as much as he wanted to talk, he couldn't...

dr. park chuckled.

"i knew you weren't going to talk, jaemin." he said. "and i'm not mad, don't worry."