Chapter 25

"Louis, Harry, Lottie time to eat!" Jay screams through the house. Harry looks at the boy who fell asleep next to him. Louis looks so exhausted and in so much pain. He wishes he could just take it all away.

"Lou, wake up. It's time for dinner." Harry carefully wakes the boy up and little noises of protest leave his mouth. It's really adorable. He looks so cute.

Harry hates it. He hates his own thoughts. He shouldn't be thinking about Louis like that. They are friends and Louis has trusted him with his biggest secret. He shouldn't be thinking about he boy in a way that's more than friends. But Harry can't deny that he is really attracted to the boy and the fact that there is even a small chance that Louis likes boys as well, makes Harry's heart jump out of his chest. He knows that they will never be more than friends, Harry has accepted that, but sometimes the thought of kissing Louis again, feeling his lips again, crosses his mind. He always thought that Louis was good looking but now that Harry knows the real Louis, he likes the boy.

"I'm really not hungry, Hazza."

"We are not going back to the skipping dinner stage, Louis Tomlinson. Come on!" Harry stretches his arm, handing his hand to Louis. The smaller boy takes it with a groan, following the curly lad downstairs. Harry is determent to make Louis forget about his problems.

--

"And how was your day, boys?" Jay asks after Lottie told a story about how two girls of her class were fighting and put gum in each other's hair.

Harry looks over to Louis, who is visibly shrinking.

"School was boring. After school Lou and I did some hanging out together, it was nice right Lou?" Harry smiles at the boy and Louis nods, showing a small smile.

"Yeah, it was nice."

Jay has a proud smile on her face, loving it that the two boys are close now.

"I was thinking, maybe we could all play uno tonight and watch a movie?" Harry looks at Louis. His blue eyes start to light up and a real smile appears on his face. Harry just really wants Louis to forget about his problems and have fun. He wants to see the boy happy because Louis' smiles must be one of the most beautiful things Harry has seen.

"I like that idea, Harry. Louis, Lottie what do you think?"

"I'm going to beat your asses." Lottie simply says, putting a potato in her mouth.

Jay looks at her son who nods.

"I'm in for it."

--

The evening went fast, and Harry could see that Louis actually had fun. He was smiling, giggling and during the movie he kept making comments about the characters and their actions, making his sister roll her eyes and scream at him to shut up. It was a glimpse of the happy Louis that Harry really likes. Even though it's temporary, Louis has been feeling good and his problems weren't there during the evening. Harry wishes he could take them away forever, but for now the only thing he can do is support Louis, be there for him and try to distract him from his demons.

Right now Harry is lying in his bed until he gets an incoming call.

"Hey, Ni. We've already called today. What's up?"

"Harry, you have to help me! It's just... This is too much!"

"Ni, what happened? You sound serious."

"I don't know what to do, Haz."

"About what? Come on, blondie, you are worrying me!"

"I just don't know..."

"Ni if you don't tell me I can't help."

"Should I take a peperoni or a bacon pizza."

Harry sighs, face slapping himself. He should have seen that coming from Niall.

"You are an idiot, Niall."

"At least help me with my decision!"

"I don't know. I am vegetarian, remember you idiot. I can't believe I actually worried about you."

"You love me, that's why."

Harry wants to answer but he hears a soft knock on his door and Louis' face appears.

"Niall, I have to go now." Harry says to his friend.;

"But Harry, what about the pizza!"

"Just order half-half."

"And that's why you are my best friend. Okay, I'm leaving you now. Bye Harry!"

Niall waves at the camera and Harry turns off his phone, moves to the side and pets on his bed, making place for Louis.

"Are you okay?" Harry asks worriedly.

"I am, thanks to you. That's why I am here. I want to thank you, Hazza for today. Thank you for being there. I have been acting like a dick and still you are willing to listen to me and to help me. Can I give you a hug?"

Harry looks at the boy full adoration and he opens his arms, squeezing the smaller boy.

"I'm always there for you, Lou. We forget about the past. We are okay."

"Can I ask you something?" His voice is soft and he sounds scared.

"Sure, Lou. Anything."

"Can I maybe... Can we hang out together at school tomorrow?"

And Harry knows that Stephanie will freak out, but Louis needs him right now. How can he say no to the pair of big blue eyes in front of him.

"Sure we can, Lou."

--

a short one bcs i wont publish until tonight and I made my friend cry bcs I kept talking about just a little bit of your heart! there will be more later xoxo