Chapter 3

"Good morning bella." Carina said as she woke up from her slumber. Maya was still halfway asleep but she tried to wake herself up. "Mmm, good morning babe." She said in the mist of a yawn. She stretched out from up under the covers but then quickly wrapped herself back under. "Why is it so cold?" She asked. "Probably because it's a little cold and rainy outside and you have the ceiling fan on as well." Carina giggled. "The ceiling fan stays in at all times. No matter if it's hot, cold, rainy, snowy, cloudy, and whatever else type of weather it can be." She argued. "Whatever you say bella. Get up so we can leave the house on time." Maya groaned and rolled out of bed.

"Bubba I know you don't want to, but I really need you to so I can brush your teeth." Maya told the 6 year old. He shook his head 'no' again. Maya realized that he was flapping his hands and pulling against his shirt, so she decided not to push him against his will and just leave the brushing alone. "Ok no brushing teeth today. Let's go see what mommy is doing." She said as she stood up from her knees and the both of them walked out into the kitchen.

"1..2..3..up!" She said as she put him in the chair. "Rough morning?" Carina asked Maya as she placed the plate in front of Luca. "Didn't want to brush his teeth, and he started getting agitated and upset so I left it alone." Carina nodded and then went back to fixing his lunch. Yesterday he did eat most of his lunch. He ate everything except for the rice, which was pretty understandable. Since he was already having a little bit of a rough morning Carina decided to fix one of his favorite lunches. Yogurt, carrots, pretzel sticks, and mangoes. Might be a weird combination but it's usually his go-to lunch.

Maya left for work this morning a little sad. No hug or kiss from Luca. He was just having one of his days and that was understandable. When she got to the station the first thing she did was go to her office. She hung up her backpack on the hook along with her jacket and went to go get changed into her uniform and head up to breakfast with the team. "Morning Capt." said Ben as he placed his plate into the sink. "Morning." She said back but not in her usual tone of voice. "Rough morning Maya?" Andy and Vic said at the same time. She sighed. "Luca had a bit of a rough morning." She said. Everyone nodded and then back to talking. They knew that this was something Maya hated talking about so they decided not to keep on the topic.

"Luca, bubba I know you don't want me to go but I have to." Carina said as the little boy clung onto her. Carina was dropping off Luca as she always was. This morning he seemed a little bit more clingy towards Carina. He didn't want to go into the classroom and it took a lot of convincing for him to but now he doesn't want Carina to leave. "Hey Luca," said his teacher as she walked towards them. "How about we go play with some cars. Does that seem like a good idea?" He slowly nodded and then he slowly let go of Carina. "Mama will be back to come pick you up ok?" She said and then she left. 

Carina had finally got to the hospital a little later than she intended. The first thing she did was rush to her office to get changed and then to her patient, her and Arizona were supposed to have a conference with this morning.  She knocked on the door before she entered the room. "Dr. Deluca nice of you to join us." said Arizona. "Sorry. Had a little family trouble this morning." Arizona nodded because she knew who Carina was referring to. "So let's continue shall we." 

"Maya what happened out there?" Vic asked as she entered the captains office. They had just go back from a house fire and Maya was in and out of it. She was messing up orders and stuff which almost caused them to lose a little girl that was trapped inside the house. Maya sighed and sat down at her desk. "I don't know." She replied looking through the papers to find an incident report sheet. "You've been tensed up all day. What's wrong?" 
"Luca didn't really have a good start of his morning this morning. And every time that happens I'm always stressed about him. I feel like it just puts him in a bad mood but I don't know." She said and then placed her head in her hands, using her elbows to prop them up. 
"Im pretty sure he's fine. Carina dropped him off at school and you can go pick him up later. Well in like a hour or so." Vic said trying to calm down her friend. Maya nodded and then got to work on the report. Vic left, shutting the door behind her. "I really hope so."