Urges

"Uh, yeah I had to pick something up." I tell Fenix through the phone. 

 "Don't do that shit again"

"Yeah" I nodded as I rubbed my forehead, wanting to hang up already. Walking over to the kitchen, I turned on the stove and boiled water. 

I turned around and eyed the back door window that I broke in last night.  

"Call me later"

"Okay" I say, quickly hanging up. I chewed on my bottom lip as I figured out what to do. Quickly glancing behind me to the boiling water, I made my way over to my room that I kept Dax in. 

I swallowed as I saw him laying stiffly on my bed. 

Walking towards him, I knelt down looking under my bed for a plastic wrap I had. Once I found it, I quickly made my way out, shutting the door behind me. 

Finding some duct tape in the kitchen drawer, I made my way over to the window, taping the wrap over the broken opening. 

I stepped back, admiring my patched up work. 

Quiet knocking at the front door, quickly distracted me away from the masterpiece. As I made my way over to the door, I smiled as I saw the elderly lady from next door. 

"Sorry I'm late sweetie, husband wanted Oatmeal and Grams" She grumbles. I waved her off, shaking my head as I stepped off to the side offering her in.

 She quickly made her way inside, stopping behind me as she waited for me to speak up. I eyed her brown briefcase in her hand. 

"He's in the room in the back" I say, walking past her. She trailed quietly behind me. 

"Thank you Mrs. Ernest it means a lot" I say quietly as I walked down the narrow hallway. 

"Nonsense sweetie, you hardly find people that take in hurt strangers nowadays" She says cheerfully. 

I gulped as I nodded glancing at her. I gave her a small no teeth smile as I returned facing forward and turning left across the wash room.  I stopped outside the door and took a deep breath before turning the knob. 

We silently stepped inside, eyeing Dax that was laying now in an awkward position.

"Oh my goodness" Mrs. Ernest said quietly, covering her mouth with her free hand as she saw his condition. I nodded glancing at her. She slowly made her way over to him and started to examine Dax who was out cold. 

"Well, whoever did this to him" She paused as she finished examining him. 

"Wanted to kill this young man" She said, standing up straight. She turned around and grabbed her suitcase. Pulling out a pair of latex gloves and a syringe filled with something she began to moved towards him. 

"What are you doing?" I blurt out as I eyed her wearily.  She turned to me and pointed at the syringe. 

"Morphine, by the way his chest heaves looks like this child is in pain" She said, frowning. I nodded as I crossed my arms, raising my right hand to clamp over my mouth and chin. 

 If she noticed the scabs, she was ignoring them.

I see her inject Dax with the shot. Disposing it in her briefcase, she lifts it up and places it gently on the bed next to him.  I eyed her as she lifted his shirt and winced. 

"Oh my god" She whispers under her breath. I swallow as I see her lean in, getting a better look.  Getting a pair of scissors she cuts the rest of the pieces of his shirt that were untorn vertically in half.