Reibert - Horror Movie ♡

"Are you sure about this?" Ash-gray eyes locked with the TV in a quivering stare. 

Reiner arched his brows eagerly at the taller male, accepting deep down that neither of them would want to sleep afterward. He was almost 100% sure that one of them would get clingy by the end of the movie, but it wasn't the worst thing in the world. "We'll survive." he reassured in his own version of calm ignorance. 

"Man, we are really doing this." Bertl swallowed whatever was left of his regret, gave a nod at Reiner, and agreed to follow through. "W-what's this movie called again?"

"...Hush." Reiner read out loud. "Hm. This sounds like your typical horror movie." he gave a light, unphased chuckle, then he turned to Bertholdt, who was a concealed mess of cower, offering him some of the blanket at their feet. "You cold?"

Bertl faintly shook his head but didn't miss out on the opportunity to huddle into a spot closer to Reiner. He secretly relished how their hands brushed against each other underneath the soft and toasty blanket. Reiner didn't notice it at first because of how light the touch was, but he smiled charmingly anyway.

"Oh... that's why the noise is drowned out." Reiner hinted out loud, "To show that the lady's deaf." his eyes shot with worry, a gaze almost intense enough to look as if he had predicted the whole movie. Bertholdt saw it in his eyes, the gleaming anticipation that sat there.

A few minutes passed, the two of them were nowhere near calm, even after nothing had passed. Something was bound to happen and leave them in suspense; they just knew it.

"Is Craig her ex?" Bertl wondered after a stream of dramatic pauses. 

Reiner nodded slightly. "Seems like it." he put, suddenly clutching Bertholdt's hand at the horrifying image of a woman screaming. "G-ah!" the snow blond trembled, his eyes painted with dread. "Oh, God... she's the first victim." he cast a glance over at Bertholdt, whose eyes were sealed tight as his lips made this cross between a sad and a disgusted look. "That's a lot of blood." Reiner murmured.

The two of them got quiet when, as if the world was on pause, the lights turned off in their living room. Bertl fidgeted with the cotton of the blanket, sure about his second thoughts on the movie. Reiner gasped at the new interruption, laughing out loud when he remembered something. "Woah, remember when the lights went out at summer camp? Just like this? And we had to combine our sleeping bags, so we could fall asleep?"

Bertholdt watched Reiner's precious, proud expression. "You still remember that?" 

Reiner's dimples showed when he smiled carelessly, and somehow they had forgotten about the fact they just had a blackout during a gruesome horror movie. He sighed positively, "I always remember things about us, Bertholdt. No reason to block you out." the snow blond gestured, setting his hand against Bertl's chest thoughtfully.

At the sound of busted limbs and an overarching suspense in the movie, Bertholdt's eyes stood still with a slight scare and his eyebrows knitted with revulsion. He inched closer to Reiner with a grim look, but the snow blond readily had his arms open for his partner.

Bertholdt saw this. "Reiner..." he whispered in awe, convoluted with happiness.

With ears estranged from the background noise, Reiner curled his fingers over Bertholdt's jaw, making the raven male raise his shoulder bashfully. "You look in the mood for a cuddle."

The taller male blinked twice, his cheeks filling with a rosy tint; his brows fell softly and relaxed, and he gave a mushy smile. "Good news, the movie ends here."

This one was short, phew, I'm glad I didn't write over 5k and blow a fuse in my brain haha! Hope you guys have a good night. Oh, also let me know, what was the last horror movie you saw? Do you think you could sit through one during a blackout?