Introduction: The Story of Kuai

(*Just a note: Kuai, in this story, is pronounced "Koo-ay" if you wanted to know. And if you don't know how to pronounce the rest of the names, you aren't a big enough fan.*)

Trapped in her prison cell, Kuai awaited the nearing footsteps of a bulky, heavy man. Kuai felt a hot sting in her eye, one she got when she was around fire-benders. Her hearing and eyesight were keen, and her instincts were killer and prepared. She was about to strike, but she realized who the man was, and she cowered. He wasn't a guard, he was Firelord Ozai.

*Jump to Kuai's thought bubble*

Kuai: He's come for more servants, I suppose. Who's next?

She shook in fear that she would be next. That she would be the tortured one.

Ozai: Hmm...I haven't had a water-bender for a while. Guards! Bring her to the front parlor to...get cleaned up. He looked into Kuai's terrified eyes, and smiled. Azula will enjoy torturing you, young princess of the Northern Water Tribe. You were so youthful and strong when we captured you, a long time ago. And you have always been disgustingly disrespectful. Reminds me of someone I knew.

He smirked again as the guards violently pushed her to the lounge-like room in front of Azula's quarters. With a few orders and 'yes, master's, Kuai began her life as a Fire Nation servant. She was seventeen (almost eighteen), around the usual age for palace servants...you had to train them young. Kuai was the cousin of Princess Yue, and once Yue had turned into the moon spirit, she was left as the princess. But not for long. A month later she was captured from the outer forts were she would play in the snow. But now, she preferred being a servant than a prisoner, for she had a better chance of escaping. Azula had left the palace on one of her long rants about how Mai and Ty Lee betrayed her and yada yada yada. Kuai was forced to clean up from that days work, but Ozai had sent guards to bring her to the Firelord's foyer. He began orders.

Ozai: Servant, wash my feet.

But Kuai had a different idea...

Kuai: I am Azula's servant, not yours.

Ozai pulled the "I am firelord you must obey" card, but Kuai didn't care.

Kuai: A foot-washing is a sign of honor and loyalty, And I owe neither to anyone in the Fire Nation.

She spoke those words with dignity, and Ozai scowled and called guards to the room.

Ozai: You will be taught respect, just like the others! I know you aren't a fire-bender, but your punisment is the same! I challenge you to an Agni-Kai!

*Note: since she isn't a fire-bender it technically isn't an Agni-Kai, but it is her punishment, so whatever you say, Ozai.* Kuai felt as if to cower, but she stood strong.

Kuai: I accept. *like she had a choice*

She said that with a gulp. But she still had a back-up plan. Not many of the people of the Fire Nation attended the Agni-Kai. Only those of government ranking, for they delighted in the suffering of the helpless. Kuai was told that she could fight back, but as an unfair disadvantage, there was no water around. She was a skilled blood-bender, but if she used that technique on the Firelord, her capture would have a larger reward. Her plan was to let Ozai attack, but she would dodge in the smoke and escape before it cleared. But her plan...didn't go...exactly as she planned...

When Ozai struck, his fire was quick and accurate. she barely had time to react when it wrapped around her like a burning whip. It burned her skin as blisters formed instantaneously. But when Ozai threw another attack, this one explosive, she hid in the smoke, and she went under the platform and escaped. As guards looked for her, she stole a Mongoose Lizard for her over-seas journey to the Earth Kingdom. She stopped in the out-skirts of a colony, and prepared herself for hiding.

She took water from a spring and tried to heal her burns. She was skilled in pretty much everything, except for healing. She thought she would make a better fire-bender than a water-tribe nurse.

When she wasn't successful, she decided to bathe. She was tired of being incredibly gross and dirty. She took off her garments and stood in the puddle before her. She used water-bending to make a shower. But then, she felt the spine-tingling feeling that she was being watched.

_______________________________________________________

STAY TUNED FOR NEXT PART!!! THERE WILL BE ROMANCE.

BTW: A SHIP NAME WILL BE ZUAI...DO THE MATH.

<33333IrishLove