Chapter 1: Showers and Stalkers

Kuai continued to wash, acting like she didn't notice the man behind her (who was at a 20 foot distance at the least, maybe further). Her blisters stung with the cold water, but to Kuai, it was worth it. Once she finished bathing, she put back on her clothes, weakly, and prepared to strike.

She remained with her back turned to her watcher, but she knew exactly where he was. She used her blood-bending to draw him nearer. He let out a small yelp of surprise, but she closed his mouth. She turned to him as he came closer, under her power. As soon as he was only two inches away, she released him from her bending. Apparently, he didn't notice that part.

She pulled on the neck of his tunic, looking into his golden eyes with a smirk. He was quite the sight for sore eyes---and by that, I mean handsome. Very handsome. She kissed him softly, and well, he kissed her back. (MWA HAHAHAHA) After that he was even more afraid.

Kuai: Your past is written in your eyes. You're the banished son of Firelord Ozai. He told me I reminded him of you. She said, quivering, but almost in amazement and not terror.

Man: You are nothing like me! You don't even know my name?!

Kuai: You are Prince Zuko, and you are currently travelling with the Avatar. You had been a hunter, but now you are the hunted. Your burn looks a lot like mine, only older. She brushed away her hair, revealing the burns on her face, and those spiraling around her entire body, even down to her left heel.

Zuko stared at the blisters with empathy. His father...had done this. That was a horrible thought for him. Almost as if it was his fault. He examined her burns. They looked exactly like his had, two days after his Agni-Kai. His eyes shook as he remembered what happened to him.

*entering Zuko's thought bubble*

Zuko: She must've done and been through a lot, especially to deserve this. Then he spoke out to Kuai. What's your name? Are you a fire bender?

Kuai: My name is Kuai. I am a water bender from the Northern Water Tribe. Unlike many, I am skilled in everything except for healing.

Zuko: SO YOU BLOOD-BENDED ME TO KISS YOU!

Kuai: She smirked. Actually, I stopped that before I even touched your robe. You kissed me because you wanted to.

Zuko began to rage silently, but managed to calm himself down in 2 seconds (which doesn't happen usually... #inlovemuch). To break the awkward silence that was about to come along, Kuai spoke again.

Kuai: How do you know about bloodbending anyway? People usually think it's witchcraft...

Zuko: I have a waterbender friend named Katara, and she's a bloodbender.

Kuai: Hmm...'Katara.' That sounds familiar. Well, whatever. Do you think she could heal my blisters?

Zuko: Yeah, she's good at stuff like that.

Zuko guided her towards the campsite that he and the group were using. When Katara saw Kuai, she felt horrible for her. (Katara always did have a seventillionth sense of sympathy). But because of Kuai's clothing, she looked Fire-nation, and Katara wasn't sure to trust her.

Katara: How did she get here?! She asked as if Kuai was nowhere near them.

Suddenly, Kuai hopped up in shock and ran back towards her campsite. And then she yelled an assuring quote to Zuko (which he didn't quite understand) to tell him she was coming back.

Kuai: I FORGOT TO FEED MING!!!

Everyone looked confused. After a short moment she returned, pulling a Mongoose-Lizard towards the gang. This time, Kuai saw Aang, and glittering hope shone through her eyes.

Kuai: YOU'RE THE AVATAR! Wow! She yelled, but Zuko ran up behind her and covered her mouth.

Zuko: SHH! This colony is too close to the Fire-nation for you to shout something like that. And besides, I thought you knew I was travelling with the Avatar.

Kuai: Well, your father told us that. No one usually believed any of his stories, but that one I wasn't sure of. Haha. She turned to Aang. My name is Kuai. I've heard so much about you, Aang!

Aang smiled. Another fan! :)

Aang: How did you get those wounds?

He asked, trying not to be nosy (hey dude, try harder!). Kuai silenced her small chuckles and starting patting---uh, Ming?---her mongoose-lizard.

Kuai: Firelord Ozai happened. Everyone knows that he's a bad guy, but no one expected him to challenge a helpless water-bender to an Agni-Kai.

Everyone there stared at Kuai (except Toph, cause...you know). Jaws dropped. (P.S. Sokka and Suki weren't there because they were off in the woods...uh, doing...stuff #makeoutsesh).

Zuko had a slight hint that THAT had happened, but he really didn't want to believe that. But now that Kuai had come out and said it, he was so angry, too the point of 'tiny' fireballs puffing from his fists towards the ground. Then, Katara stood.

Katara: How recent was this? Why didn't you heal yourself?

Kuai explained the fact that it was two and 1/2 days prior, and the fact that she had no healing abilities.

Katara: Then let's go have a healing session, get your stuff and we'll go to the creek. Maybe I'll be able to teach you a little bit.

They went to a slow-moving, shallow river near the place they were staying. Kuai tried to start undressing as Katara prepared the water for healing. But Kuai couldn't reach the knot that tied her shirt to her body. She tried so hard, but her arms were too weak to bend behind her back. She tried one more time, but her shoulder popped out and she let out a short scream. Zuko rushed over, worried, like a knight in shining armor.

Kuai: Zuko, agh, can you help me with this? I'm not used to rags like this.

Zuko went behind her to untie the knot when Katara said in shock

Katara: Rags? Rags?! Those are BEAUTIFUL robes!

Kuai/Zuko: Not for servants in the Firelord's palace. They said in unexpected unison. Then Zuko looked at Kuai's back and stuttered

Zuko: B-but if I h-helped, uh, I'd s-see you naked and...

Kuai: a) I need a healing session sooner than not, and b) you watched me bathe earlier so what's your problem?! Katara blushed and smiled.

Katara: You watched her bathe? CREEP! Haha.

Kuai: And then proceeded to kiss me! Katara and her both chuckled together.

Zuko blushed and started to untie the knot. He closed his eyes as he finished taking off her shirt in embarrassment. While he stood there with his eyes closed, Kuai took off her sash and wrapped it around Zuko's head as a blindfold.

Kuai: Well there you go Captain Rosy Cheeks!

Zuko: DONT TALK TO ME! YOU'VE CAUSED ME ENOUGH EMBARRASSMENT FOR THE DAY!

He yelled as he violently shot fireballs into the air. Kuai stood straight, waiting for Katara to start the healing process. After a minute more of readying, it began. But Kuai did something that Katara did not expect. Katara noticed that Kuai's upper body was shaking, as if to shiver. But then it hit her.

Kuai was crying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know when the next chapter will come out of my brain, so stay tuned!!!

<33333IrishLove