seven | "i'd prefer your blood, but for my sunshine's sake, food it is"

"For a second, I thought you weren't going to show."

Hoseok remained silent at Jimin's words, standing awkwardly at the entrance of the dining room. Jimin's lips morphed into a snide smile, his eyes beginning to twinkle with curiosity. Next to him, Jungkook sat, his eyes trained on Jimin's almost warily. He didn't bother looking at Hoseok, but perhaps it was for the better.

"Are you not going to enter?" Jimin continued, crossing his arms. "It's not like you need our permission to enter somewhere. Unless that's what you want."

"Jimin, that's enough."

A look of displeasure flashed across Jimin's face, though he ceased his talking. Hoseok froze at the familiar voice, an involuntary shiver running down his spine at the velvety, calm voice. He ignored the sudden throbbing of his birthmark, refusing to take any step closer, even with the familiar figure that requested his presence in the first place.

"We do not have time for this," Yoongi sighed, taking a seat. "Jimin."

Jimin refrained from doing anything. Instead, he looked at Yoongi blankly, almost as if he couldn't do anything. A flash of irritation stroke through Yoongi at this, and he looked back at Hoseok, who still hadn't moved an inch.

"I don't know, maybe we should let him be rebellious," Namjoon chuckled, looking at Hoseok. "After all, a human needs to eat. The Prince should consider himself lucky that we are even treating him hospitable."

"We could always let him starve," Taehyung suggested, earning a death glare from Jungkook. "What? He wants to be treated like scum; I say we treat him like one. He's acting like a child right now."

"Taehyung, sweetheart, you were the same decades ago," Jimin chuckled, ruffling Taehyung's hair affectionately. "You were given leniency too. Jung Hoseok's our guest. We should treat him as such."

"Okay, I couldn't have been that bad," Taehyung grimaced, pouting slightly. Namjoon chuckled.

"Taehyung accepted food at least," Namjoon responded. "He didn't stay in the doorway like the Prince is."

Hoseok was confused, to say the least.

There wasn't any malice in any of the vampires' tones—no animosity, no anger, just plain amusement at how Hoseok was acting. They were carrying conversation like normal as if Hoseok was someone that they were already acquainted with. They were waiting for him to sit with them but not forcing him to do anything. It was almost as if he had free will over his decisions.

Not only that, but Taehyung, the one sitting next to Jimin, wasn't the same age as the Purebloods. Hoseok didn't know why that struck him as odd, but he'd assumed that the Purebloods were only three. There was no way that Jungkook or Taehyung were of Pureblood descent— else his father would have known.

Biting his lip, Hoseok reluctantly walked into the dining room, though he sat at the farthest possible seat in the table. The vampires smiled, pleased at his decision, though Hoseok said nothing about his actions. The truth was, he was starving, and they were offering him food.

"Darling, you shouldn't hide your gaze from us."

Hoseok's heart jolted at the pet name, surprise and slight anger coiling through him. He looked up to see Yoongi watching him expectantly, a smirk permanently settled onto his face.

"I'm not your darling," Hoseok bit back, displeasure permeating his face. "There's only one person that can call me that."

Yoongi grinned. "Of course, darling. It's me."

"You know it's not."

"Oh, but that's not what you were telling me when my fangs marked your skin." Yoongi breezed, turning his attention to Jimin. "He has yet to remember, correct?"