eleven | "the gods were cowards for letting abominations be created"

"Did you enjoy your breakfast worthy for a King, oh most precious one?"

Hoseok jumped at the sound of Jungkook's voice, eliciting laughter from the vampire, who looked at Hoseok in pure amusement. Hoseok cleared his throat, quickly catching his composure, and straightened himself before looking at Jungkook with the most serious expression he could muster.

"What do you want?"

Hoseok could almost flinch at the sound of his voice. He knew that he could keep a cold tone, but he hadn't expected his voice to sound so condescending. Form the looks of it, neither did Jungkook, whose expression morphed into surprise before easing itself back into amusement.

"Didn't think you had it in you to be so mean," Jungkook snickered, placing a hand over his chest. "Is that a way to treat your best friend?"

"I—"

"Don't answer that," Jungkook interjected stoically. "I should be getting a medal, though, for delivering such a fantastic performance. I mean, everyone fell for it, right? How I'd kill to see the look on Seokjin's face right now. Can you believe he asked a vampire for his blessing on a mortal who wasn't meant for him?"

Hoseok's lips pressed into a thin line. "Don't talk about Seokjin like that."

"Oh, do you not like it?" Jungkook's eyes widened slightly, a pout appearing on his lips. "I bet you miss him so much. It's been five days since you were supposed to get married. You'd be on your honeymoon right now. It's okay; you don't actually love Seokjin."

"How would you know what I feel?" Hoseok demanded, giving him a dirty look. Jungkook chuckled, his amused expression making a comeback.

"I'm your best friend, aren't I?" Jungkook asked mockingly. "I must know you better than anyone. What do you think is going to happen when Jimin releases you from l'amour lie?"

Hoseok took a step back. "Jimin wouldn't do that."

"Oh, come on," Jungkook took a step forward. "If you're so sure that you won't lose any feelings for your love, Kim Seokjin, you wouldn't hesitate to get it removed. You still can. What's the harm?"

Everything was the harm, Hoseok thought but said nothing.

If he were to get his bond with Seokjin removed, Seokjin would feel it. Hoseok had no doubt in his mind that he would have feelings for Seokjin without l'amour lie— Hoseok knew he was devoted to Seokjin, but if Hoseok gave up that connection, he would lose the only thing that currently tied him to Seokjin. He'd be a fool to get rid of it.

"I'm not doing it," Hoseok stated.

Jungkook made a face. "Come on, Prince. You don't need the connection to know you have feelings for Seokjin. You trust yourself enough to know how you feel. "

"I said no."

"Jungkook, that's enough."

Jungkook immediately quieted at the sound of Yoongi's voice, stepping out of the way so that he could enter. As Hoseok saw Yoongi, he didn't know whether to be relieved or threatened that Yoongi had shown up. He hadn't seen Yoongi after what Yoongi showed him, but he could still remember every word that had been exchanged between them— alongside the futures that seemed to profess nothing but the danger approaching the both of them. Hoseok still wasn't sure whether to trust what he saw, but he said nothing of it.

Yoongi turned to Hoseok, giving the human a polite smile. "I hope you're rested, Prince Charming. I hope the food laid for you was to your liking this morning?"

"It was, thank you," Hoseok murmured, casting his gaze down a bit.

"Jungkook mentioned it was your favorite," Yoongi motioned towards Jungkook. Hoseok raised his eyebrow in surprise. He turned to look at Jungkook, who had a look of displeasure on his face. As their eyes met, Jungkook scoffed and quickly averted his gaze, looking at his nails in sudden interest. Hoseok bit the smile that was threatening to spread across his face. "Was that not something I should have said?"