Chapter 6: In Love?

The rest of the night was a blur.

Not a metaphorical blur, an actual blur, one filled with sadness, confusion and exhaustion, and it all but blocked out what had actually happened.

Despite this fog of feelings, somewhere in her mad mind, Anna processed being taken into the passenger seat of a slick, good looking car, smooth and gentle fingers fluttering over her skin and tugging her satchel off to get her comfortable. Driving through the rain, clothes dripping and skin soggy, being carried by well muscled but thin arms from the unknown car to a building, though she couldn't say which till the next morning. And then, of course, sleeping in a bed that smelled of.. well familiarity, though she wasn't sure how.

But in the morning, Anna woke up with wild eyes, puffy from crying, that darted like a cornered animal around the small room.

"Wh.. where.. am I..?"

The words felt sloppy in her mouth, as if her tongue were getting in the way of them, then she sat up in the bed, pulling the sheets around herself and twisting them in her hands. She frowned slightly as her heartbeat slowed and her groggy brain took in the scene around her, a small dorm bedroom, like her own, but the decor was different, more... classy.

"Oh! You're awake, how're you feeling Anna...?"

Her head spun and what she saw standing in the doorway... well words cannot describe. He was shirtless, and his lean chest and tan stomach were covered with low slung baggy pants, not chiseled but so beautiful. His chocolate brown locks were perfectly messy, baby blue eyes soft and creamy like the sky right after sunrise.

"Blake...? Wait, how did I get here?"

Suddenly last night came back in a rush, and despite Anna's instant fury, she felt tears in the eyes that should be dry from crying, but they were back. The girl bit her bottom lip and hugged her knees to her chest, burying her face in them as a gentle, sympathetic Blake slid over the carpeted floor to sit on the bed beside her, wrapping his long, thin comforting arms around Anna.

The young woman rubbed her nose on the hem of the giant two sizes too large tshirt.. and suddenly her eyes widened and a blush rose into her cheeks as she remembered her sopping wet yellow dress.

"I figured you wouldn't want to sleep in your wet clothes, so I gave you that, but don't worry, I in didn't see anything!"

Blake said hurriedly, blushing as well and crossing a finger over his chest like a promise. Anna's mouth twisted but she found her eyes softening slightly, this was Blake; beautiful, perfect, caring Blake. He would never do something that... messed up. But she knew who would. The girl's eyes darkened slightly and she balled her fists again.

"I hate to say it, Anna, but I probably know less about last night than you do. You don't have to, but I think this would be easier if I knew a little bit more before I started throwing around accusations."

The young man said, pulling his arms away and running his long fingers through his hair before standing and digging around in his closet, pulling out some infinitesimately small shorts and tossing them over. Anna frowned slightly as she caught them, and the young woman held up the jean shorts, eyeing them wearily and not wanting to know who they belonged too.

"Those are Miranda's, don't worry she won't mind if you borrow them."

"Ahh, that makes sense..."

Anna responded, trailing off and placing the shorts on the bed. It couldn't be too bad to just wear a shirt, it was big, and she could change into the dress if she wanted... She sighed and glanced back up at him, fidgeting with her hands. Blake chuckled slightly and shook his head, pulling her up with one hand to hook his arm through her elbow.