Epilogue

Anna was walking in the rain.

The drops pitter-pattered over the sidewalk around her, dribbling down the back of the dark grey umbrella and onto the already slick sidewalk. The girl shivered despite the long sleeve shirt she wore, and a red covered arm hugged her tighter against a young man's well muscled body. The girl's satchel bounced softly against her back in rythym with the messenger bag slung over her companion, and she took silent steps through the puddles in her black sneakers.

She stared at the cracks in the sidewalk that her feet stepped over, the small puddles and tiny splashes as each droplet made it's mark on the ground. Anna had had an unfortunate morning, but despite it's events, the girl was content now. She wouldn't be soaked this time on her walk to her dorm room, which was nice, even if she couldn't get in without a key. The girl had left not needing it, as she'd been on a date last night, but that didn't matter now. She was with a companion.

A splash and the low rumble of an engine signaled a car sliding past in the half flooded street, bringing up a miniature wall of water that drenched Anna's feet, as well as those beside her's. Both sets of legs were matched in their gentle, calm pacing down the sidewalk, despite the slickness.

Oh Anna, how did you ever get here? Oh that's right, it was his fault.

Anna thought back and sighed softly, his smirking face seeping into her mind as it drifted back to that horrific morning before class, and after lunch. Then to where Liam's fiendish plot had lead, and how she discovered the good intentions behind it.

Liam was a happy accident, with his perfect mess of spiky hair over top chiseled cheekbones and soft, pale, milky green eyes... Anna shook her head and sighed slightly as her thoughts drifted back to the 22 year old's face, inches from her own as they stood in the dim light of the smoking room, and then the feeling of abandonment when he left. 

So once again, Anna was walking in the rain, but this time, instead of making her cold and lonely, there was warmth wrapped round her shoulder and pressed against her hip, giving her comfort.

Now Anna knew the truth about why Liam had left, and where his heart lie. She unfortunately knew Blake's true feelings as well, but none of that mattered, because maybe, just maybe, Anna knew where her heart belonged. And that was all that mattered, when she was walking in the rain.

'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'°•°'