Chapter 7: Running for Rain

Anna pelted down the hall, her dark locks flying behind her while she squinted against the miniscule breeze she had created with her speed. She wasn't quite sure what she was running towards; Meghan, Liam, her dorm.. or maybe it wasn't where she was going. It was what was behind her. 

Blake's face had been so adorable, innocent, gentle, and then all of a sudden, just like that he'd attacked her, and his hands.. god they were so finely skilled, mesmerizing, but scary. She shook her head fiercely, chomping down on the inside of her mouth in a futile attempt to try to distract her horrible thoughts, confused as ever about her feelings. 

It seemed like she'd been in love with Blake, and afterall, he was perfect... 

Maybe you aren't looking for perfect.

The words Meghan had spoken just yesterday on the walk to class drifted back into her mind before she could stop them, and Anna's pace slowed down, from running, to walking... until she finally stopped. She gripped the straps of the leather satchel and stared at the white tile floor of the dorm room hallway, lips twisted into a frown. Maybe perfect.. wasn't, what she was looking for. But Anna had been so sure that she loved him, her heart fluttered and she got this feeling down below when he flashed that smile.. but maybe, maybe that wasn't love. The girl frowned slightly as she looked down, now questioning her meaning of the peculiar word as she stood in the middle of that hallway, in the middle of the morning. 

If getting that warm sensation and the butterflies in your stomach wasn't love... then what was?

Unfortunately, before she could start questioning the meaning of life, it was just then that she noticed the shirt she was wearing, baggy and worn down from being on people too often to a soft pastel color, the letters almost blending with the background. Her eyes widened as her fingers pinched the fabric and she felt her gut wrench with dread. It was Blake's. 

"Oh my god.."

She said, clutching her face with a quiet groan and chewing her lip nervously, her frantic eyes darting around the hall. After such an unattractive and frankly awkward exit, Anna seriously doubted that going back to return the tshirt would be a good idea. He'd had much.. different intentions than those that Anna had been thinking of. And then she realized something else. Her lack of pants. 

Idiot! 

She thought fiercely, mentally kicking herself as her eyes darted nervously around the hallway, which was thankfully empty, but it was late morning, and this was the boy's dorm building. She hadn't taken those stupid jean shorts because she was jealous of Blake's girlfriend, Miranda, all because of spite, and now she was half naked in an empty hallway, with classes about to start! Anna pulled out her phone and clicked the first number in her text threads, because she and Meghan texted so often and she was always on the top, quickly typing out an urgent message. 

8:14
Help me, I'm in the boy's dorms, near Blake's, could you come pick me up? Bring change of clothes asap!

After stuffing the phone in her bag and pulling the thankfully quite large tshirt down mid thigh, Anna rushed down the hall, spotting a utility closet and sliding inside, chewing her lip nervously. What was she thinking? What was Blake thinking? Just because he'd saved her from hypothermia or melting away in the rain automatically meant that he could start kissing her?

Wait a second, he'd said the day before that he was going somewhere with Miranda... and in the cafeteria that girl had been hanging on him. But that would mean Miranda must be Blake's girlfriend, and that couldn't be right, he would never attack Anna if.. Oh that bastard. 

The girl bit back a sob and sank against the wall opposite the door, clutching her now completely ruined hair and shaking her head slowly. He'd just been looking for what most guys had been looking for, another girl to hang on his every word, worship him, exactly like Anna'd been doing for the past two years, and she'd been so happy to finally find a guy that she fell head over heels for him.