Chapter 1 (IT'S ABOUT TIME, DON'T YOU THINK?)

Winterfrost's eyes were blurry when she opened them. The ground was wet with moisture, and small driplets fell from her whiskers. Cougarsoul was huddled next to her, his fur clinging to him. Quietly, she prodded him with her nose.

"Come on.. it's time to get up... we have to hurry.." Winterfrost murmured softly. Cougarsoul stretched one paw after the other, then sat up as he remembered.

"I think it's... " Cougarsoul meowed sleepily.

"That way." He yawned and started through the forest. Winterfrost sighed, her eyes droopy. She had only barely been able to sleep through the rest of the night, a light rain had woken her a few times, but she wasn't about to give up because of that.

They had only moved a few tail lengths when they realized they hadn't eaten for a bit.

"We should try to catch something... " Cougarsoul suggested, looking around for areas that prey could be sheltering.

"In this weather? We'll be lucky if we catch a rat!" Winterfrost sighed, shaking out her fur to get the remaining wetness out of it. Cougarsoul shrugged, turned towards a nearby bush, and without thinking, dove straight into it. Winterfrost's attention focused on him. She had never really noticed how clumsy he was, even for a cat of his skill level.

"Look out!" Cougarsoul mumbled through a mouthful of bush as a few mice scattered in alarm. Instinctivly, Winterfrost pounced on one, then two, then picked them up by the scruffs in her mouth so she wouldn't crunch them both and swallow them before she could get one to Cougarsoul.

"Why'd you have to go and scare everything? These two almost got away!" Winterfrost joked as Cougarsoul backed out of the bush.

"Hey, it was all part of the plan just like how we slept under a tree!" He purred in amusement. Winterfrost laughed, then paused. They hadn't had fun like this in a long, no, extremely long time. They grew silent and Winterfrost tossed a mouse over to her brother, who dipped his head gratefully and started eating as if it he hadn't eaten for three days.

Slowly, Winterfrost started swallowing bits of her catch. As much as she wanted to eat the whole thing in one bite, she knew that would do her no good and probably give her a stomache ache.

"So... how have things been, ever since... you know..." Cougarsoul asked awkwardly, obviously not wanting to bring up her exile.

"Pretty good, I guess. Cloudclan broke off their agreement with Thistleclan but got attacked and lost their territory... they are living with Sunclan now." Winterfrost meowed, growing quiet as she realized how devistating it had really been. Cougarsoul kept quiet for a few more minutes as Winterfrost was finishing her mouse.

"I just... I really want to.. I don't know.... " Cougarsoul stammered, as if looking for the right words. Then, his eyes locked with Winterfrost's.

"I'm really sorry about.. how terrible I acted. I was so blinded by jelousy that I didn't realize-"

Winterfrost put a paw over his mouth. She already knew what he was going to say, and how awkward it must be to say it. She nodded and stood up.

"Anyways... you say the Dark Forest is going to attack?" Winterfrost asked, tilting her head.

"Yeah... that's why we have to get back as soon as possible." Cougarsoul explained. His tone of voice had changed to be more formal rather than quick and awkward. Winterfrost didn't blame him, it must be hard to talk to someone who he's ignored for most of his life and purposely been mean to.

"We won't make it in time anyways, what good will we do if we don't bring back help? I originally left so that I could get help from the other clans I've heard about, and it would be much better to do that than to come back empty-pawed with nothing to show for us being gone so long." Winterfrost suggested quickly. Cougarsoul thought for a few seconds before looking up.

"Let's do it. You know where they are, I'm not even going to ask how," He chuckled. "But you know."

Winterfrost nodded and turned around, leading Cougarsoul through the forest back the way they came.

It wasn't a while before Winterfrost's feet started hurting. She turned to look at Cougarsoul. Were his feet hurting too? She couldn't tell through his blank expression.

"How about we stop here?" He meowed as if reading her thoughts. Winterfrost looked to where her brother was pointing with his tail, and sighed in relief. It was a nice dip under a strong oak tree. They would be safe there for a little rest.

Slowly, the two climbed into the dip and huddled side by side to keep warm. Winterfrost decided not to think about the clans or anything, just that she was here with her brother, just as siblings should be.

It wasn't long before Winterfrost woke again, something was prodding her awake.

"Just a little bit longer.." She grumbled, wriggling around to get comfortable again. But the prodding continued and finally, Winterfrost gave a hiss of frustration.

"Quit it, Cougarsoul!" Winterfrost mumbled angrily, eyes flickering open. Suddenly something started moving next to her, it was Cougarsoul.

"Huh, wha?" He meowed, confused. Winterfrost's eyes grew wide and she exploded out of the dip under the tree.

"Get outta my home ya' rogues! I may be old, but I'mma still put up a fight for my home!" A scruffy white she-cat with a gray muzzle and black ear-tips spat, fur fluffed up.

"Alright, I'm moving, I'm moving!" Winterfrost growled. Cougarsoul had finally woken up and looked over at the she-cat.

"Hey! We're not moving just because some old barn cat says we have to!" He protested, scrambling to his feet to stand nose-to-nose with the loner.

"Who are you calling an old barn cat?" She yowled, swiping at Cougarsoul.

"Quit it you two, Cougarsoul, we'll move." Winterfrost stated firmly, pulling Cougarsoul back.

"Fine, Winterfrost." He gave it. Suddenly, the old cat paused.

"Wait.. did you two just call eachother Cougarsoul and Winterfrost?" She asked, taking a close look at the two.

"Yeah.. those are our names..." Winterfrost meowed, confused.

"Hold on.... Winter? Cougar? Is it really you?" The cat whispered only just loud enough for them to hear.

"Wait, what?" Cougarsoul asked.

"It's me, Tundraleap! Your mother!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had to I just had to. You guys are so amazing I seriously don't deserve 200+ followers! Another mystery solved! Expect more, this book should conclude The Making Of Destruction, so we can't leave too many unsolved mysteries, can we?

I haven't written something like this in such a long time so I'm a little Rusty (HAHA WARRIORS HUMOR I'm sorry that was terrible ._.), but I hope this makes up for my inactivity! Expect more, be in sooner or later!