Kait's POV

A whole crowd of monsters gathered around us. I readied my knife and Tiff nocked an arrow in her bow. Max looked at all the monsters, as if sizing them up. He glanced at Tiffany, and then smirked. Gods of Olympus, what was he doing. The army consisted of every sort of monster, including empusai, hellhounds, harpies, cyclopes, dracaenae, wild centaurs, and many more. "Oh, gods..." I muttered.

I was about to start slashing them to dust when suddenly, Max started saying something, probably one of his spells. Then out of nowhere, a harpy swooped down and brushed her wing against Max's mouth and he stopped chanting. Then a giant hellhound knocked us all into a huge hole that we hadn't noticed behind us. The fall was... well, I didn't wanna think about it. In short terms, you'd die if you fell from this height. Tiff screamed as she plummeted through the air when Max said, "I got you!" He said something really quick and then suddenly a glowing purple circle appeared below Tiffany and Max, saving them from the fall. And then there was me, falling through the air to my death. Oh, fun! I mean, on the brightside I got to meet Hades, who could possibly be my great uncle (I don't know how I was related to him, but I was related to everyone. Yep, that's how Greek Mythology works.) I held my knife even tighter and tried to go to the cavern walls to cut my knife into to save myself, but I was too far away. Luckily, Tiffany shot down her grappling arrow and yelled down to me, "Hold on!" as the rope of the arrow dropped. I held on and fell safely (and roughly) to the ground.

Max and Tiffany safely landed on the ground. Max smiled at Tiffany. "Hey, we're all in one piece!" he said.

"ENOUGH!" I shouted.

I walked towards Max threateningly and put my index finger on his chest as I still walked. He backed away in fear. "Your little 'plan' to impress Tiff here nearly got us all killed! You sacrificed the entire mission, when you could've summoned a simple spell to capture the venti, and on the ground, we could've fought our way through! But you just HAD to impress Ms. Tiffany here, didn't you?"

Max stood up straight. "No! I SAVED Tiff's life, which is why she has no scratches or injuries."

"Yeah, and did you forget about me? The only reason I'M alive is because of Tiffany. She saved me."

Max turned to look at her. "Oh, good job, Tiff-alicious! You saved Kaitlyn!"

Tiffany looked at Max. "Well... she would've died. So, no, not a good job to me, but BAD job to you." She turned towards me. "Let's find a way to get out of here. We obviously can't get out the way we came from."

I looked up at the hole. The monsters were still there, looking down at us. Well, THAT was reassuring. I gave Max a little warning look, then went with Tiffany to find a way to escape this horrid hole.