𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕾𝖎𝖗𝖊𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌

"And I realized my
words were not my
own, but merely
fragments of the
words she had given
my soul to sing."

🧜‍♀️

"Baseless facts are simply empty shells. We need to remember that everything around us, from the tiniest grain of sand to the ends of a Sycamore tree's leaves, is a pillar of a scientific revolution. Which, in any case, is connected by one source."

Her scribbling came to a halt on the parchment, finishing the last stanza on the thick tome. Unclasping and clasping her hand, she leaned back on her seat as her hand turns numb from writing.

Her eyes swiveled across the end of the room, gaze immersed from the view below.

She caught a semblance of the greenery of the prestige academy, with high walls painted in fine gold and silver, and just kilometers away, beyond the towering trees was a clear panorama of the shimmering waves of the ocean.

She could almost feel the sand on her soles and hear the latching waves that slosh to the shore.

Students who had their periods over early were wandering on the school field and it almost made her envious. Almost.

From a distance, it appears they were glowing under the sun, like rubies and sapphires. Their uniforms were made from the finest silk and cotton, supplied by the City of Spine. Done with a combination of white fabric and gold outlines, a dragon crest on the chest, with the initials of Draconis High intricately sewed and highlighted in golden letters.

The sudden ringing of the bell sliced her out of her reverie and it took her a few seconds to register that the period was already over.

"Don't forget to turn in your research papers next week. Have a good weekend, class." Professor Benja reminded, throwing one of his signature smiles.

Like a father tenderly doting to his child.

Chunters of compliances reverberated in the room. Along with the others, she gathered her things in her bag and slung them over on her right shoulder.

She was about to leave when a frail hand stopped her midway.

"What's gotten your head in the clouds?" The figure inquires, hands on her hips. She had her wild hair tied in a high ponytail, cascading behind her back.

She turns to her best friend with an eye roll but a smile broke through her stoic face.

"Nothing, just dreading for graduation to come. Unlike you." She answers, not too serious.

Sisu feigned hurt. "How dare you, Namaari Fangmire? Insulting the younger sister of the Headmaster?"

Sisu Draco has her privileges and being the younger sister of their Headmaster, Pengu Draco, spoke volumes. She sometimes uses this to her advantage, like getting free charges in the school canteen.

Mainly that.

Namaari laughed and lightly smacked Sisu's shoulder as the two exited the room, walking across the hallway to their lockers.

"Shut up. You weren't even listening during the whole period. You should be thankful the professor let you do what you wanted."

Namaari greeted and nodded in acknowledgment as students who passed by them gave a small greeting or wave.

"But Science is so boring!" Sisu expands her arms for emphasis, nearly hitting her face.

"You're boring. You just don't appreciate how things work." She debates, opening her locker and stuffing the books of Calculus and Anatomy from her bag.