The Last Goodbye.

{ chapter 4 }

The next day was quite eventful. For starters Gail's mathematics was absent. Even though Gail was in charge of discipline in his class he was playing with his friends, Jhon, Harry. Tom, Thomas and William. Math was the hour that day ad school soon ended. The boys were playing throughout math. The boys were so into the game, they did not notice all the students leaving and school ending.

After a long time when noticed that class had ended, he quickly rushed to the playground where he was supposed to wait for Olivia. When Gail arrived at the ground Olivia was nowhere to be found. Gail, although a little concerned, though Olivia had already left. To be fair, he was half an hour late.

When he reached his house he found that Olivia was not there. He was a bit more concerned now but still brushed it off as a prank. Gail finished bathing and went downstairs where his dad was setting up dinner. After his parents divorced the court decided that Gail and Olivia would stay with their dad as he was more capable of raising them properly.

"What's for lunch?" Gail asked his dad when he came downstairs.

"Where's Olivia?" His dad asked disregarding Gail's question.

"She came home before me right?" Gail asked nervously.

"No! she didn't!" Mr Everdeen excliamed.

Gail was about to run out of the house, but Mr Everdeen stopped him. He didn't want Gail to go missing too. The two of them went and searched for Olivia together. Like the last time, they didn't find her and had to call the police.

All the events were the same as the last time. But unlike the last time, Amber wasn't panicked. In fact, she was quite calm and happy.

"Serves her right!" Amber told to a nervous Gail.

"Really?" Gail asked, "That's all you can say?"

"Well, yeah," Amber said.

"Ugh!" Gail exclaimed, "Looking at your face gives me a headache!"

"Really? all thanks to my face?" Amber asked with glee.

Gail went away rolling his eyes and Amber giggled and went away skipping.

A few days passed and Olivia was nowhere to be found. Gail and Mr Everdeen were devastated when Olivia's dead body was found. Although they were very sad they worked hard to make Olivia's funeral really pretty. Olivia's dad believed that Olivia had been murdered by Amber. Olivia's ex-mother thought Olivia had suicided. In her defence there had been mentions of depression in Olivia's medical report.

Their different opinions caused a huge blow-up. On Mr Everdeen's side, there were Gail, Noah, and Olivia's bully Stacy. Stacy was just there because of Noah. There were a lot of people on Mr Everndeen's side because of Noah. On Mrs ex Everdeens side there were Amber and a few other people. After a few days, everything was calm again. But this was like the calm before a storm.

"Bye, dad!" These were the last words Gail said before he was found dead in an alley. Mr Everdeen was always sad, the smile which used to make his eyes crinkle was nowhere to be found. He knew Olivia and Gail would want him to be happy, but he wasn't sure if he could ever be happy again. Mr Everdeen soon decided to remarry. He married a widow named Elena. Elena already had two children much like Olivia and Gail.

Mr Everdeen felt as if a bit of happiness had entered his life after he remarried. On the death anniversary of Olivia's and Gail's deaths, he used to go to the park the kids used to play in and cry his soul out.

Mr Everdeen's new daughter's name was Abigale. Abigale was a peculiar child. She used to go to the same school Olivia and Gail went to.

There was gossip about another new girl going around school. The gossip was that she was just like Olivia, she had the same hair colour and most importantly she knew Noah just as Olivia did.

---------------------------------------

What do you think is up with the new girl? read the next chapter to find out! 

Please vote and comment.