Chapter 2

It's been two days since Mack and Lola told me they are engaged. Lola has asked for the bridal party to come over tonight after work; something to do with the wedding. Which is exactly why I'm sitting in class looking at the clock actually excited for work.

The lecturer is droning on and I'm making the minimum number of notes so I'd just pick up the rest of the notes when I study tomorrow morning. He finally dismisses us and when I get out the door, Harmony is waiting for me.

"Hey what's up?" I ask her. She looks around before dragging me through the hallways and out the main entrance. "Harmony where are we going?"

She sighs and keeps dragging me until we reach the dorms. We get to our floor and the common room. Everyone in the dorm is waiting and I check the time. I have to walk to work as Mack is picking me and Lola up later.

"Finally, what took you so long?" a girl named Stacy says visibly frustrated.

"I was in a lecture," I say trying to keep the bubbling anger down. She always looks down on everyone and expects that everyone is at her will. "Now, what is this about? I've got work in ten minutes and I'm walking."

Stacy's friend, Samantha shoots me daggers. Stacy just lets out a frustrated groan. "Did you forget to get today off or something? I'm pretty sure you knew today was my birthday and the rules state we go out."

I roll my eyes, "What rules? And happy birthday. I won't be going I've got important family stuff after work. Maybe if I knew I would have sorted it out."

Charles hides his laugh in Harmony's hair. Harmony is shaking her head trying to get me to stop from going off on her. The guy who lives next to Charles looks between us and goes and grabs a bag of popcorn out of his cupboard. Stacy glares at him immediately.

She lets out a sort of squeal screech sound, "Don't any of you know the rules around here?"

I look at Harmony and she shakes her head, so I signal to Charles to say something, but he looks at Harmony knowing that she'd kill him. I roll my eyes and see Stacy glaring at me. I swear I haven't got time for her bitch routine.

"Sam have you still got the rules in your room?" Stacy snaps. Samantha nods and with one look she's out of the room. I look at the main clock. Five minutes until I'm late.

Sam runs back and hands me these so-called rules. I see two signatures at the bottom and smirk. I show Harmony and point to the signatures, she muffles a laugh and shows Charles.

"What is so funny?" Stacy snaps.

I look at her and raise an eyebrow. She has some nerve. I look to Harmony, and she subtly nods to say go ahead. Which makes me full on smile.

"We never signed this so we don't have to abide by them," I shrug at her, "Now this has been a total waste of my time and if I'm late to work I'm sure you will compensate me on my time lost." With that I walk out with Stacy's screams of anger behind me. I decide to run to my room to switch bags and run to work.

I get there just in time and run to the locker room to get changed. Lola is there waiting and looks relieved to see I've made it. I tie my apron around my waist and head out with Lola next to me. We get to work quickly, and Lola keeps trying to talk to me about why I was late, but I keep brushing her off. I know she's only being nice, but I just want to forget about Stacy's tantrum and demands. And just like that Stacy and Sam walks in with the rest of my dorm. I look at Lola with a pleading look.

"What's the matter?" she asks.

"That's the reason I was late. The black-haired girl leading the group is Stacy, the girl I told you about. Apparently, it's her birthday and due to some bogus rules, that I didn't agree to we are meant to go out and celebrate her birthday. I sort of ripped her a new one and ran to work. So sorry if she gives you a hard time," I tell her without taking that much breath.