Chapter 14

I'm sitting at a table that's on a balcony overlooking the dance floor. I have a vodka and coke in my hand and watching everyone else who's on the bottom by the dance floor.

"Come on, why don't you come dance?" A voice says from behind me. I turn to see Corey with his hand out. He takes my glass using his other hand. I roll my eyes and place my hand in his.

I let him drag me to the dance floor. We get there as a show song comes on. He wraps his arms around my waist while mine go around his neck.

I hear whispers around the room but at this moment I don't care. Corey sways us to the music and I rest my head on his shoulder.

After the song finished a I notice Harmony and Charles walk over to us. Harmony taps me on the shoulder, "why didn't you tell me that you were a bridesmaid?"

I let out a small laugh, "sworn to secrecy. Just don't bring up to the groom's mom and sister. They are already after me for it."

They nod and I lead them to the table I was on. Nan looked after my drink for me. I sit back down, and Corey leads Charles to the bar.

"He got you to dance! This one is a keeper," Nan says giving me a hug. Harmony nods in agreement.

Diana runs up to us with big wide eyes. We all look at her and she looks really upset. I beckon her over and pull her to me, "what's the matter?"

"Some girls are flirting with Corey and his friend. They keep telling them to leave them alone. Corey spotted me and told me to get you," she says in one breath. I nod and get up brushing my dress down. One look at Harmony and I head to the room with the bar.

Just as Diana said some blonde bitch is trying to grab onto his arm. People noticed I've walked into the room and have quieted down. It's mainly my family so I don't have to worry about bad impressions. I do a quick sweep and see people making sure kids stay out the room.

Corey looks relieved when he sees me. He tries to walk to me, but the girl grabs his arm. So, I walk over to them. I turn to this blonde bitch and her friend, "can you keep your hands to yourself?"

The bond bitch sizes me up, "we saw them first. So go find another guy."

I roll my eyes at her as I notice Lola and Mack walk in. Harmony has managed to pull Charles away while they were distracted by me.

"Ok this is not nursery, one he is not an object, two he is my boyfriend alright. Before you start, we've been going out for almost a year. Now when a guy says no or that he's taken you back the hell off," I snap at them. I feel Corey put his hands on my arms in case I attack these girls.

The blonde bitch starts laughing. Everyone is staring at her like she's mad. Lola comes over to me and stands between us. I tilt my head at her.

"Sorry about this Clara. These are some friends from school. I didn't know they still had high school mentality," she apologises on their behalf.

I give her a hug and mumble a don't worry. The girl looks shocked. I shake my head and grab Corey's hand and take him to a room that's got the sweets in.

There's a load of kids in here and I remember my final task. I gather the kids around and crouch down. The youngest is about 2 and the oldest 9.

I hand them my secret bags of sweets to each kid. I feel Corey watching me interact with them. Once I've handed the kids their sweets, I call them over again.

"This is your secret bag. No other adult can know about it. You've got to finish it before the night ends. OK?" I tell them all. I get a round of nods before they all scatter. I stand up brushing my dress down to keep as many creases out as possible.