Chapter Four ~ Skill Books

I explored all day but didn't find any signs of a dungeon, oh well there's always tomorrow, on the plus side i had leveled up my skills.

You've leveled up your skills!
Observation Lvl: 5 (0%)
You took the time to observe your surroundings!
+1 point to INT at level up

Parkour Lvl: 5 (0%)
You may not have chakra to climb but it won't stop you!
+2 DEX +2 STR at level up

Tracking (by scent) Lvl: 5 (0%)
Range: 1+15m
+1 bonus from trait Sensitive Nose
You took the time to smell the roses!

I even took some time to go around the market to grind my Eavesdropping skill to be on par with the rest, i didn't like that i had let it lag behind.

Eavesdropping Lvl: 5 (0%)
Range: 5m (100% accuracy)
-10% for every additional meter
How rude! But a vital skill for information gathering
+1 point to INT at level up

I was already noticing how much harder it was getting to level up my skills but i also knew i still had at least six years before the real story begins.

That said though since i decided to try and prevent the massacre it was also a little concerning that even if i did get to level ten that quest just might be impossible, although with the plan that i had in mind hopefully i wouldn't even have to get personally involved into it.

 And as usual with level ups came stat gains.

Shiro, (No Title) Level- 1 (EXP: 180/300)

HP: 100/100
SP: 150/150
CP: 100/100
CONTOL: 2%

STR - 18
DEX- 16
CON- 5
INT- 17
WIS- 7
CHA- 7
LUC- 9
CHAKRA- 1
CC- 7

Points: 5
REP: 0
Money: 0R

I also decided to spend my points right away putting two into DEX so it'd be even with STR, one into LUC to make it ten and the last two into CON.

~

After passing up on burned up dinner i went to my room, opened up my inventory and got the skill book i got earlier out of my inventory, it appeared in my hands and i began reading it.

Select your character!

Said the pop screen blocking me from reading it further, i should have expected this but thankfully due to my former experience it was easy to pick the perfect character, Scorpion.

The screen disappeared and i started reading, after maybe an hour i had finished it and the screen popped up.

You've unlocked a new skill!
Taijutsu Style: Mortal Kombat Lvl: 1 (0%)
Character: Scorpion
Have fun ripping spines out of bodies!

I chuckled a bit, oh i will, the knowledge how to do so was engraved into my head, although there was like a haze over it, i could only see the basics with any clarity, but i had no doubt once i started grinding this skill up i'd be ripping out spines in no time.

But for now i turned my attention to the books i had gotten from the library and settled in for a good reading session.

I started off with the ninja weapon book thing and after a while of reading that a screen popped up.

You've discovered a trait!
Weapons Master
+10% to any skill relating to using a weapon

Sweet, with this no matter what weapon i used i'd get a bonus to using them, although i guess i'll have to first unlock the skills.

Moving on, next i took out the basics of medical ninjutsu and learned that skill too, though it would be a long way before that particular skill would be any useful with my shitty ass chakra control.

Next i learnt the cooking skill, which hopefully meant that within time no more burnt up meals.

The rest of the books, which were your basic academic books that at least helped me gain more understanding about the world around me.

Sure i had watched Naruto but it wasn't like i had read everything in the wiki and even then some info was contradicting or just otherwise confusing, with these books i had straightforward answers.

By the time i was done reading i noticed my INT was my highest stat at 26, which meant i had gained an additional nine points without even noticing, although i was slightly thankful that the pop ups hadn't interrupted my reading, i should investigate why this was the case.

I glanced at the clock on my wall and noticed the time was past 1am, which i think wasn't unusual to me, it didn't feel strange to be up this late, i suspected either myself or this body were a bit of a night owl.

You've discovered a trait!
Night Owl
Staying awake until dawn doesn't bother you but it's not exactly healthy so lets try keep bedtime to at least before 2am.
-20 SP for every minute spent awake at night after 2am.

I closed the box, put my books on the night stand, changed into my pajamas (one of the only personal belongings i brought from the orphanage), flopped on the bed, checked my new ability speed reader which allowed me to read faster and went to sleep.