4. VOICES

Colin stood at his front door and the early morning sun shone bright forcing him to shade his eyes. Despite the glorious glare of the sun, it was not too difficult for Colin to see the many spirits who had gathered and stood either in his garden or who lined the street he lived on. The sound of their collective voices projected and echoed, to the point it felt as if those voice were in his own head.

'Help us, please help us.'

Those words echoed out again collectively before some individual voices would also echo out all asking for the same thing.

'Help me, help me.'

'I can't. I just can't ...' spoke Colin loudly.

Being overwhelmed by a wave of emotion which was also being projected and directed toward him, Colin's eyes welled with the lack of options available to him and he simply turned back into his home, closing the door as he did so. He got together what he needed for the day ahead while also doing his utmost to avoid contact with the spirits who had made their way into his home. It was not long before he made his way back outside. The multitudes of ghosts who had stood outside moments earlier had for the most part gone away.

Colin locked his front door and walked down the garden path then turned to his left. A woman who looked to be in her early fifties was walking down the street towards Colin, not towards him directly but in his general direction. She had no business with Colin, so she was aware at least, nor did she know him in any way. Her own day had her coming in this direction at this particular time. A man who appeared to be in his early twenties was bouncing around and circling this lady, with an abundance of energy of which he may have an unending supply. The lady did not seem to be aware of the young man's presence.

'Stop this woman please. Stop this lady ... I have a message for her' spoke the young man addressing Colin, still moving around as if he was powered by a certain kind of battery.

The woman passed Colin by and once again the young man begged Colin to stop her.

'Excuse me madam, so sorry to bother you ...'

The lady stopped and turned as Colin moved up to where she had come to a halt.

'... You wouldn't happen to have a pen and paper I could use for a moment, would you?'

'Sure' replied the lady while not being sure how to react to this moment. She reached into her handbag and pulled out a pen and a notepad.

Colin wrote what the young man instructed him to write which was the name and address of a bank along with an account number, and details by which it can be accessed. The young man also seemed to age at least thirty-five years in a matter of moments as he gave these instruction to Colin. Guess his energy levels can with certain criteria.

'Oh, what a relief ...' he says to himself before turning to the lady. 'I never meant to leave you my love but leave you I have, and I must do so once again.'

Even though he had already spoken of his relief, he looked like more of a weight was also being lifted off of him.

'I think your husband intended for you to have this information.'

Colin handed the note pad and pen back to the lady.

'How do you ...?' she began to ask as Colin just smiled.

'Thank you' spoke the other man. The gratitude emanating from his eyes was sincere that the verbal thank you had not been necessary. He looked at the lady, said 'goodbye, my love' and placed a kiss on her right cheek before vanishing.

The lady placed her right hand on her cheek. Such a strange sensation had hit her with such overwhelming emotion. It took her to such a degree that she could not help but let it show. Colin nodded a good morning and moved on, ensuring she had a moment to herself where she could consider what had just happened without feeling any kind of anxiety of being in the company of a stranger.