Part III

October 4th, 2000

Draco has a hard time focusing when he and Granger work the same shifts. Every time she bends over, he can only picture her bending over for him, face down, curls a-mess.

"Malfoy, can you put these on the top?"

He blinks, clearing his head. She's looking at him in annoyance, a cardboard box filled with textbooks in her hands that she's holding out to him. Her hair is tied in a bun, exposing her neck, the tan skin gleaming slightly from the rays that came through the window.

"Do it yourself," he retorts, but takes the box, and turns on his heel down the hall. He can hear her following him, her foot steps making light taps against the wood panels unlike his heavy ones.

He imagines she's incredibly light to lift.

He places the box on the top shelf, pushing it to the far back and turns back to find Granger is only two paces away, her hands on her hips, lips pressed in a thin line.

"How are you holding up, Malfoy?" she asks, and he's so surprised by the question that he grows silent. She rolls her eyes. "I mean with your parents cutting you off and all. You still...surviving?"

He pales, then notices the rolled up paper in her palm. He steps forward, reaching for it, but she moves her arm away, her face still in the hard appearance. In a fit of rage, he grasps her by the throat, the pads of his fingers pressing into her skin, and she yelps, eyes wide as he uses his other hand to snatch the paper from her grasp.

"Malfoy Estate Down to Two! Lucius Malfoy Removes His Only Son and Heir from His Will."

The headline screams at him and he can feel the blood pulsing in his ears, embarrassment flooding his entire body.

Granger claws at his hand, her fingers circling his wrist. "I take it you didn't know about the article," she says in a low voice, and he yanks his hand away from her, as if he's been burned. To his surprise, she does nothing, just stares at him with her large, sympathetic eyes, and it makes him wish he had squeezed that pretty throat of hers tighter.

"Shut up."

"I'm not trying to upset you, I just wanted to see--"

"See what, Granger?" he barks back, wiping his head back so he's not looking at her and those big do-eyes. "That I'm no longer Daddy's little rich boy? Well, I didn't need him then and I don't need him now. So do me a favor and go fuck yourself."

She doesn't budge. If anything, her expression turns into one of even more pity. He's so frustrated, so alone, and so concupiscent that he lunges for her, grasping her by the shoulders and yanks her to him. He presses his mouth against hers and she gasps, frozen momentarily, until she remembers herself and bites his lower lip. He hisses, yanking back and bringing a hand to his mouth as he looks at her. Her cheeks are warm, eyes glossy, both her hands covering her mouth. Draco looks at his fingertips and when he spots the crimson liquid, he smirks.

"Don't you ever do that again," she whispers, her voice hoarse, shaking her head slowly. "Don't ever touch me again unless I want it. Do you hear me? Never. Again."

She's racing down the hall before he can reply, standing stupidly with his hand against his mouth and the thought of her biting his lip repeating over and over. It's in the moment he decides that he will get her to want him once more.

-

October 15th, 2000

Granger is late to her shift for the first time in her life, as far as Draco knows. When she does show up, nearly forty-five minutes past her shift, she's pale, and her unruly hair is explosive upon her head. The bags under her eyes are visible and her normally plumped lips are chapped. She's carrying a handful of gift wrap, the tubes proving it cumbersome for her to move, and she hits one on the corner of the counter. It slips from her grasp and she stamps her foot on the floor as she groans in frustration.

"Long night, Granger?" he drawls, and she drops the remaining scrolls on the counter beside the register. Draco bends, grabbing the scrolls and holds it out to her, eyebrow arched.

"Longer than you, Malfoy."

He can feel himself twitch in his trousers.

They spend the rest of their shifts on opposites sides of the shop, Draco at the register and Hermione near the rear. Due to it being Sunday, the shop is relatively empty, and Draco begins to close up by flipping over the "Open" sign to the other side. He whips down the counter top, glancing around for a sight of her bushy hair, and he sighs before yelling, "Granger, let's go. I don't want to be here longer than necessary."

She doesn't respond and he groans in frustration, throwing the rag down before marching to the back. With the store now empty, it's eerily quiet, the sound of his footsteps echoing.

"Granger?" he calls out, glancing around but not spotting her. Shoving his hands in his pocket, he pokes his head down the isles of the bookstore, but to no avail.

He hears a slight creak.

Turning around, he looks around the space and a faint glow emits from beneath the door leading to the ladies restroom, the door slightly ajar.

With an agitated huff he stalks to the bathroom and is about to rapt his knuckles against the door and tell her to hurry up until he hears another noise.

Not a creak this time, but a murmur.

A moan.

He stops dead in his tracks, hand still raised to knock, when another breathy sigh echos from the walls right into his ears. Holding his breath, Draco shifts forward slightly, peaking through the opening in the door with one eye.

His breathing fails him.

Granger is sitting atop the porcelain sink, eyes shut and brows furrowed, her legs spread slightly and her right hand is in between them, moving slightly. Her mouth is in an 'o' shape and the sounds she's making sends the blood straight to his cock. Draco watches in awe as her left hand slowly moves over her breast, massaging the flesh and pinching the hardened nipple through the cotton of her shirt.

He knows he should look away, avert his eyes and leave her be, but he's fantasized about her making those exact sounds for so long, he almost can't bear it. His cock strains in his trousers and he stifles a groan as he watches her drag her hand up to her neck, the fingers playing delicately across her skin, and it takes all the self control he has to not barrel in and take her right there against the sink.

But no. He needs to make her want him.

She lets out a low groan, her legs stiffening, and he's glad she reached that point, that she could make herself reach that pinnacle area of pleasure. She opens her eyes and meets his.

They stare for a moment, her chest heaving and he holds his breath.

Slowly, a grin spreads across her face.

Draco grabs the handle of the knob and slams the door, turning on his heel and rushing out the bookstore. His dick is aching and he bites the inside of his cheek as he fumbles for his wand to Apparate to his apartment.

He comes in his hand to the thought of Granger pleasuring herself on the sink.