Part VIII

November 10th, 2000

For the next few days, they play cat and mouse.

On Tuesday, he presses her against a bookshelf toward the back of the shop and kisses down her neck, chest, and stomach before he gets to her thighs. He hikes them over his shoulder and places open mouthed kisses against her clit through her panties.

On Wednesday, she wears long denim jeans but palms him through his shorts, licking at his neck as she moves her hand against his pants. She tugs the zipper down and grasps him lightly through his boxers, him biting the inside of his cheek. The bell to the shop door dings, so she steps away, smirking as she walks towards the front of the door.

By Thursday, he's close to begging her to come home again with him at the end of their shift, just so he can watch her bounce up and down on him, use him like the tool that he is. He doesn't care.

"Any plans after work, Granger?" he asks, removing items from the register and beginning to count the coins out.

"Probably a good book and some cuddles from my Kneazle," she replies from behind him. "You?"

He smirks at the question. Never did he think being civil with Gryffindor's Golden Girl would mean sexually pinning after her. "Nothing, really," he states, turning to hand her the counted bills. "But if that book becomes...dry, then you should stop by my place."

She quirks an eyebrow, taking the stacks from him. "Do you have something that'll keep me wet, Malfoy?"

He inwardly groans. "Perhaps."

"Maybe I'll swing by."

He eyes her closely. "I'll hold you to it, Granger."

-

When the knock sounds at his door, it takes everything in Draco to not tear the door open and ravish her right there in the hallway.

"Evening, pet," he greets her once the door is wide open.

"Pet?" she repeats, a smile tugging at her mouth as she steps inside. She unbuttons her jacket, dropping it over the arm of his couch. "That's a new one."

"Are you into it?" he asks, stepping toward her, placing his hands on either side of her hips and pressing his chest against her back. Craning, she leans her head into his shoulder with a hum and her head nodding. He never realized how short she was in comparison to his own stature.

"Maybe," she says, placing her hands atop his own, and he squeezes.

"You seem to be full of surprises," he tells her, angling his mouth near her ear. He presses a chaste kiss to her hairline, removing his hand from her waist and moving her curls to one side of her neck. Slowly, he sucks on her skin, pulling tightly on the fabric covering her hip.

"Never liked to be predictable," she sighs, arching into him. "Need to be one step ahead."

"Always so bossy," Draco mumbles against her skin, moving his other hand up her torso and feeling the shape of her before he grasps her neck lightly. "Let me be in control."

She lets out a laugh. "Be in control of what?"

"You, of course," he retorts, sinking his teeth into her skin.

She groans, pulling away from him and turning around so that she is facing him. "Maybe another time," she replies, and lunges toward him, grabbing his collar and pulling him to meet her lips.

There's a clash of lips and teeth and spit as Draco falls onto the couch, followed by her straddling him. She runs her hands through his head, pulling his hair back to expose his neck, kissing the flesh there. He kneads the skin on her hip, so he yanks up her top so he can feel the warmth. Pressing herself down against him, she grinds her hips while sucking his skin, her movements fast and intent.

She tastes like firewhisky.

Draco pulls his head far enough away from her that he can speak coherently. "Are you drunk?"

Granger rolls her eyes, but doesn't answer as she kneels in-front of him, her hands making quick work of his belt. "I had a few shots before I came over."

"I can tell," he quips back, and sighs as she pulls him from his boxers. He tries not to groan as she sticks her tongue flat against him, licking straight up before circling the head.

"Are you really going to complain right now?" she scoffs, taking her in his mouth again and he watches her head bob with wide eyes.

Grasping her forearm, he pulls her to a standing position, nails digging into her skin. "I just want to make sure I'm not going to wake up to you saying I took advantage of your inebriated state," he snaps, pulling her face so close that their noses brush against one another.

"Fucking hell," she grumbles annoyingly, pulling away from him and grabbing her coat, her fist digging into the pockets. Granger removes a vial, grabs the lid with her teeth and spits it at him. He watches her, grabbing his length and pumping slowly as she downs the contains, flicking the vial over her shoulder. Shimming her pants down, she steps out of them and pushes his shoulders lightly. "There. Sober now. Happy?"

She doesn't give him enough time to answer before she's straddling him again, sheathing him inside her. Draco bites the inside of his cheek hard enough he's sure he's drawn blood. Placing his hands on her hips, she bounces atop him, her breasts swaying in his face and he takes one into his mouth.

"You're almost better than firewhisky," he says as she pulls on his hair and looks at her flushed face above him.

"So are you," she replies, breathless. "Glad you're finally of use to me."

Grabbing the back of her thighs, Draco picks her up, still inside her, and walks them to his dining table where his wand lays. He sits her on the edge of the table, grasping the wand and quickly casts the contraceptive charm, watching as her skin grows pink for a moment and then fades. He shoves her down, her back pressing into the table, and begins a merciless pace as he pounds into her, his right hand grabbing her shoulder.

"How does that feel, Granger?" he asks, hiking her leg on his shoulder, burrowing deeper. He felt dizzy with want, with need, watching her face contort with pleasure. He clutches her skin possessively and holds her tightly in place, adamant that he would push her over that pinnacle of pleasure she seemed to always take herself instead of allowing it to be given to her.

"Draco, Draco, I'm about to--"

"Draco?" he repeats, unable to hide his surprise at the use of his name. He leans down, his mouth to her ear. "My fucking name's Malfoy to you."

She tips over, to which he grins as he feels her groan when he kisses her throat.

Granger is breathing hard as he continues his movements, slowing slightly the snap of his hips and she slides her hands down his chest. A few more twists of his hips and Draco can feel the bubble in his lower core pop, emptying into her. A guttural growl escapes his mouth and he bites down on his cheek, ignoring the sting of the tender skin in his mouth. He can feel her hands pressing small circle shapes into his back as he lays atop her, his sweaty skin sticking to her.

"I guess us on a first name basis won't be happening anytime soon?" she inquires, her voice cracking the silence of the apartment.

Draco stands slowly, pulling out of her and raking his hair out of his face. She continues to lay, her eyes staring at the ceiling, her chest returning to its normal rhythm at a leisurely pace. Her legs spread, he notices she looks content for the first time in months, as if she feels comfortable.

Her guard is down. She looks incredible like this, with her guard waned and calmed.

He yanks his back into place. "You guessed correctly," Draco snaps back, and her eyes flick from the ceiling to him. He can almost see her slam her acts of self-preservation back in place.

She exhales loudly. "Right, well..." she starts to say, standing and collecting her clothes at a dizzying pace. "See you at work."

She's dressed and out of the apartment before his hard on has fully diminished.