𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

"God, my feet are so sore!" I complain, applying pressure to the bottoms of my feet.

"You were the one who chose to wear heels," Hanako remarks, peeling his navy suit jacket off. I roll my eyes as he understands so little about women.

"If I hadn't worn heels, one you're mother would have been taller than me, and two, if she showed up in heels and I didn't it would look like I'd submitted to her." I quip.

"Oh gosh, didn't realize there was a science behind wearing heels." His snide remarks tick me off to say the least. He's such a weird person, sometimes I think he's actually kind and understanding. But most times, like now, I realize how big of a jerk he actually is.

"Twerp." His light chuckle bothers me even more, it reminds me of Hatori's. And I hate that.

"If I remember you used to call me that when we were teenagers. You always liked to bark at me and call me names, yet you never seemed to actually hurt me."

"You're speaking nonsense. I'm going to bed." I knew well enough not to insult him, I wasn't dumb. Him bringing this up is just frustrating me even more, I just want to be left alone.

"Don't forget Valentine's is tomorrow. And it would be wonderful if you got me something." He says it like it's a request, he wouldn't have brought it up if he was just asking. He's making a demand.

"I'll keep that in mind when I go out tomorrow."

"I'm so happy you agreed to come out with me today, Yuihiso! I'm used to buying supplies on my own, but it's much more fun to be with someone." Mine once again thanks to me as we walk through the mall. Our hands burdened with bags full of fabrics, ribbons, and more.

"Well, I'm just glad to finally have something to do on a Saturday!" Maybe this isn't the most glamorous thing to do, and maybe I'd rather do something like go to a museum or art gallery. But I enjoy getting to know Mine.

"Have you gotten something for Hatori? It is Valentine's Day after all."

"I hadn't even thought about getting him something. I guess it wouldn't hurt to get him something. Plus, I need to get chocolates for Hanako." I still haven't stopped thinking about whether to get Hanako Giri Choco or if he'd murder me if he got it. Although that does sound like an easy way to get out of the wedding.

"Let's stop here! I'm sure you'll be able to find something for both of the men." Mine points out a Hallmark-like store as we walk by.

"Sounds good."

I look through the store not really getting any inspiration for Hatori's gift. I'm trying not to overthink the situation, the last thing I need is for him to take it as a romantic gesture.

"Hey, Yuihiso! What about this!" Springing out of nowhere, Mine stuffs a teddy bear into my hands. "Look it has a stethoscope and that light thing you guys wear on your heads. Isn't it just the cutest?"

"Yeah, it's pretty cute. But you just have to remember Mine, he's my boss." It really is cute, and its grumpy face reminds me of him so much.

She takes her glasses off and rubs them. "Yuihiso, you don't need to lie to me. I know there's something going on."

"What? Nothing is going on!" It's not a complete lie, nothing really is going on. However, since that day in the snow, something is beginning to stir. And I'm too scared to see what it turns into.

"If you say so. But you have to give him that bear. If you don't, I'll make you walk home." She's threatening me about this!

"Mine! I thought you were better than that!" I exclaim, storming over to the checkout.

"I am... but you just need a little push!"

"No. No pushes. None of that. I'm still engaged to Hanako, and there are other things that would make any relationship with Hatori awkward." Yeah, like your promise to Akito, and Kana.

"Whatever you say... but I ship it." She beams.

"Well if anything ever happens between me and Hatori, which it won't, but if it does, you'll be the first to know."