𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏

"And we're going to have the Bachelorette Party at the Hot Springs. You have to come, Yuihiso!" Kana comes back for her wedding this week. And with so many people buzzing about it around the Estate, Hatori has looked and felt terrible.

"Well, I'm not good at parties and stuff. I think it would be for the best if I didn't come."

"Awww, but Tsuki is going to be here! It'll be just like in High School! You have to come! I won't ever forgive you if you don't come!" Yes, Kana, because you not forgiving me would kill me.

"Please at least think about it, Yuihiso!" I look over at Hatori's desk. With her picture still on the desk, you could think that it was their wedding she was so excited for.

"I'll think about it."

I haven't seen Tsuki since we graduated. It would be good to catch up with her. I'm just worried about if Hatori's mood will turn even worse when the wedding does come.

"You should go." I jump because I didn't think he was back from his rounds yet. "See your old friends."

"But what about you? Are you going to be okay? I don't want to leave you alone if-"

"Don't worry about me. I'll manage just fine. Go have fun, Yuihiso." His smile is both sweet and sad. Sincerity would be the right word.

"Alright. I'll go. But I can't promise you that I'll enjoy it." He places a small kiss on my forehead.

"You can at least try."

I still wonder what you would call my relationship with Hatori. I know we're not just friends, but we're not dating. No one knows what's happened, except for us. Sometimes I wish I could parade around the Estate, letting everyone know, watching as Hanako and his parents freak out. But there's still Akito.

As soon as he leaves the room, I call Shigure and make a request. "I just don't want him to be all alone during that time."

"I understand. Don't fret. I'll arrange something."

"Thanks, Shigure."

"In return, you have to eat lots of cake for me!" He cheerily asks.

"Wow! A wedding! That must be exciting! What are you going to wear?" Mine asks as I help with cleaning the shop.

"Haven't the slightest clue. Kana wants me to wear pink."

"Oh, you'd look so cute in pink! Like a doll!" Mine beams as she stuffs some petticoats into a drawer. "I could make it for you!"

"I appreciate it, Mine. But I don't want to look like the one getting married. I'll go buy something once I've finished here."

"I'll come with you! I know the best things about finding the right dress, and I promise I won't make you get something ridiculous. I'll make sure you look better than everyone."

"Somehow, that isn't reassuring me." I laugh.

"May I come in?" I hear Hanako's voice through the door.

"You may."

"Did you go shopping today?" He notices all of the bags of stuff from when I went out with Mine.

"Yeah, just picking up clothing for Kana's wedding."

"So, you are going?" He moves them out of the way and sits down on the bed next to me.

"Was there an option? It would be inappropriate. People would talk if I didn't. I don't want to make your family be looked down upon." While I feel even less obliged to care about Hanako nowadays, I don't want any suspicion.

"Since when have you cared about my family?"

"That's not important to you. A woman has to have her secrets after all." I sniff, yanking a piece of clothing out of his hands that he had picked up. "What did you want?"

"Yes, I just wanted to let you know that the request I sent in for a house here in the Estate, was accepted today." Yet another reminder that my feelings towards Hatori will have to have a lid put on soon enough. Another reminder that this is like a summer fling that has to end too soon.

"That's nice. What house did we land?" He mustn't know anything. I can't let anyone know.