𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

I never realized I could go blind simply starring at someone. And I don't mean that in a good way.

It's blinding to stare at Kana and her group of friends for too long. The way they giggle at every little thing or break out into a screech. And probably the fact that half of them have bleached blonde hair isn't helping the brightness.

"Let me guess. You're getting blinded too?" I turn to see Mayuko, that friend of Kana's I met at the bar.

"Kinda hard not too. I should have brought a pair of sunglasses, blech."

"Oh, hey, Yuihiso! Tsuki just texted me and said she's about to arrive!" Kana shouts over the crowd of girls.

"I'm honestly surprised to see you here, Yuihiso. You don't seem like the type of person who would come to these things." And how would she know that? She doesn't know me. I don't know her.

"It would have been rude for me to turn Kana down. Besides, I have nothing better to do in my life." I walk away from her, digging my claws into my palm. Although she's right, these types of people and parties are what I detest. I want to run away, go somewhere, find Hatori and kidnap him and take him somewhere. Somewhere far, far away.

"Yuihiso! Are you alright!" My whole body is shaking with the sudden wave of nausea that has engulfed me. Vomit at the tip of my tongue.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I cover my mouth, making every muscle in my next constrict. I won't do this in front of everyone. I can't.

"How do you expect to become a doctor if you get nauseous around people? You should give up." Father. Why must you use my physical conditions to try and keep me from achieving my goals?

"It's not like that Dad, it happens not because I'm scared of people. I can become a doctor!" Stand your place Yuihiso, don't let him get in the cracks. Don't let him.

"Do you need me to call the Family Doctor?" Kana asks as I head towards the bathroom, everyone trailing behind me as if I were something fascinating.

"I am the Family Doctor currently. The Main Doctor is gone on a long-deserved vacation." As I pry the bathroom door open, my whole body feels like jello.

"Let me do something to help you!" She continues to argue, trying to come into the bathroom with me.

"Kana! Nothing you can do will make this situation any better. It's simply the BBPV acting up." I shove her out of the room and slam the door.

Yui:

Where are you?

(unread)

Could you give me an excuse to get out of a party because of BBPV?

(unread)

"Not even Hatori can help me now."

It's 3 AM, and I have a massive headache. I should be the only one awake, but I can hear sniffles coming from Kana. Quilt from the earlier events of the day fills me, so I crawl over to her mat.

"Kana. What's wrong?" I whisper, trying not to wake the other girls.

"I just had that dream I always have. It's nothing big." She sniffs, rubbing her nose on her yukata sleeve.

"First of all, that's gross. Second, have you talked to someone about this? Does your fiance know?" Her expression tells me she hasn't.

"I've meant to do so. But I keep thinking it'll go away. It had been getting blurrier, but it was so vivid tonight. Like it was happening." I'm a little scared, seeing her like this. Her eyes are so dark her pupils are slits. It almost reminds me of Akito's eyes. "The man's eye keeps getting cut. And I do nothing! Nothing!"

"Kana, it's okay! All it is is a dream. None of it's real." I pull her into a hug, trying not to throw up again.

The room is spinning round and round. All that stays solid is Kana's warm body as she clasps onto me like a life-preserver. She still sees him. All these years, even with her memories gone, she still sees Hatori.

Yui:

I hope you had a good night!

Just letting you know that someone special is thinking about you!

(unread)