5.2: Yours

5.2: Dave East

6 Months Later
Sade

Talk about your world flipping upside down ours did or mines at least. My husband officially has a ten year old daughter and she didn't come from me. Does it hurt? I won't sit up here and tell you a lie and act like everything is all good when it isn't because it does hurt. I thought I had given him his first child but clearly we were both sadly mistaken in that department. Am I mad? No not really there's nothing that I can and want to do about it. I've accepted it just like accepted her. It's just taking some getting used to but she's adapting pretty well. Dave and Kobe love her and she loves them. She is a daddy's girl through and through and sticks to him like glue just like Kobe does. When we first sat Kobe down and told him about Kairi and that she was his big sister he had a 101 questions and of course we answered them. We didn't want him to be left in the dark. He asked why I wasn't her mommy. Who was her mommy? Where did she come from? Is she staying? Is she going to take his room? Will daddy still be his daddy and a list of other questions? We couldn't blame him for being so curious though this was just as new to him as it was everyone else involved. But they ended up getting along pretty well and if you didn't know you'd assume that they had been in each other's lives from the very start which I was thankful for.

Just like Dave promised he was in her life taking up time with her, he answered every question, every phone call, and every text message. He's very active in her life and just like Kobe whatever she needs and wants he provides yet at the same time he's firm with her just like he is with Kobe to some extent. We both treat them equally. It's only right. In our household there is no favorite. When we first got the news we hung out with her as a family before introducing her to the entire family. We wanted to ease her into things and not just throw everything at her at once. I even planned Kairi a grand party making sure it included everything she loved and invited all of our family and close friends to officially meet her. They fell in love with her and treated her just like Kobe. After all she was now one of us.

It's funny though and not haha funny but she gets along with literally everyone except me. No matter how much I treat her as if she's mines she's just not here for me at all. A smart mouth with an attitude and eye rolling is all I get. Sure I don't take it out on her. She's still adjusting to me and at the end of the day she already has a mother so I expect it to be a little issue but I didn't expect it to be what it is now. I let her be and speak my peace to Dave and he's talked to her but it doesn't last long term. She'll be ok with me around him but as soon as he leaves the charades is over. Trust me I understand that she's still adapting so I'm being patient but I'm damn near done. I try and I try and I try and nothing seems to work. Talking to her gets me nowhere she doesn't listen to half the shit I say only until it's beneficial to her. If she wants me to buy her something or ask me to do something for her she's all smiles and a willing participant but let me tell her to clean up after herself or ask if she's done her chores then it's the cold shoulder and acting as if she didn't hear me talking to her.