【Chapter 26】

❝ ... 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞... ❞ 

 ❞ 

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

Quiet was heard between the two, both too sleepy to even speak a word. The sky was dark with stars decorating it with the help of the moon as people's guide in the dark. The two flying figures wished to sleep, though they knew they couldn't. It was far too dangerous at the moment.

"King... how much longer until we reach this place?" (Y/N) complained, her eyes too heavy to keep them fully open. In response to her question, King shrugged as the green leopard continued to arrive at their destination. 

"Not sure, I think we may be lost." King responded nonchalantly. Though, (Y/N) didn't see anything to be calm about. "We're lost?! King, you should have said something in the beginning then!" (Y/N) yelled at the small fairy in fury, she wanted to sleep now!

King winced and frowned, his head directed to look at the soft fabric of the pillow. "Well, I thought I was going the right way, but it turns out I wasn't." King lied, his eyes showing guilt. He didn't wish to lie to (Y/N), but if this was the only way then he saw no way around it. Calming herself down (Y/N) again placed her head on top of King's legs and sighed. 

"What now then? We're lost and I don't know the way back, apart from that I'm dead tired and I think you are too. Do you think we should stop and rest?" (Y/N) asked King as her voice was becoming quieter by the second. Biting his lip King looked away from anywhere but her. "I know a place we can rest for a while, though I don't think we will be welcomed." King suggested, though his tone was hesitant. 

At his words (Y/N) immediately got up from her lying position and turned towards King with a bright yet tired smile on her features. "Really? Well, no matter what I think they will welcome us. I have a way with people you see." (Y/N) proudly announced, her eyes shining like the full moon.

Laughing at her expression King shook his head and looked back at the sky, his eyes sad. "While that may be true, I did something that even I think they will never forgive." King breathed shakily, tears starting to sprout from his golden-brown orbs.

(Y/N) saw this and frowned. Getting closer to him (Y/N) lay down next to him and hugged him koala style, her hair getting everywhere. "If it makes you feel any better, I will be there for you. Sorry King, I don't know how to comfort people much, never really had much time to experiment on it." (Y/N) chuckled dryly. King hugged her back and shoved his face onto her shoulder, his tears starting to be soaked up by her clothing.

"Thanks... (Y/N)." King whispered, but (Y/N) heard this making her smile gently down at him. "Anytime, King." (Y/N) reassure him. Both of them stayed in the silence for a bit longer until (Y/N) ruined it by getting up and stretching, summoning her wings in the process.