【Chapter 35】

❝ 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐰𝐞'𝐥𝐥 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫. 𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭, 𝐈 𝐦𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐦𝐚𝐝, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠. ❞

 ❞

*𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯*

"I know you love me..."

"... I wish to know why, if you don't mind."

Slowly dancing around the dust-covered ballroom (Y/n) waved her hand as a small burst of air picked up and carried multiple dusters, swirling around her before going back to work. 

"The reason for you loving me is beyond me, but I still wish to know..."

"... what exactly about my broken mind did you come to love."

Twirling around with her light (F/c) dress (Y/N) looked over at the closed windows and walked over towards it, pulling open the curtains to show the beautiful rising sun of Katsuaki.  

"This is not a fairy tale that I've been told as I child, but reality."

"Even then, I can't help but think about us under a cherry tree. Hand in hand as the wind blows by us, carrying our worries and pain along with it."

"You and I, two different sides from the same coin, may love each other, but..." 

Sighing as she looked away from the rising sun, (Y/N) looked back up at the last royal family portrait of the (L/n) clan. 

"... our past still haunts us, filling our everlasting wounds with despair and sorrow. So tell me, do you think it's still worth loving me?"

"Tell me, do you think it's still worth loving a selfish monster?" Finishing her small song (Y/N) looked over her shoulder to see everything finally dusted. 'Thought that would take forever!' (Y/N) sighed in relief, not wishing to stay and dust the entire castle from the bottom to the top.

"(Y/N)! Look what I found!" Hearing the familiar voice of King, (Y/N) quickly released her magic and went over to assist King. "Coming! If it's food, remember don't eat it!" (Y/N) warned King as she ran down the long, spiraling stairs that were made of marble. 

"I know! Now, hurry!" King continued to usher her towards where he was, not even thinking about giving (Y/N) his location. Sighing at her best friend's impatience (Y/N) continued to walk down faster as she finally arrived at the last step and ran towards King who was in the throne room. 

"What's wrong, King?" (Y/N) asked him, running to his side as his back was turned to her not allowing her to see her best friends expression. Glancing one more time down at the two shining objects the happy smile of King never diminished as he turned around to face her.