Support

February 2, 2020, Sunday, Hyun's Family Mansion

It was a beautiful day as the Hyun family gathered again that weekend, a thing they usually do at least once a month. This has been a tradition that the old Hyun patriarch, Bin's grandfather, requested his children to do after they left the Hyun's mansion to build their own families. His excellence in leading and expanding their business was well reflected in how he managed his household well, despite the enormous responsibility he had on his shoulder. This of course was possible because of his lovely wife, who sadly passed away a decade ago. Yes, his children had been born rich but they were raised with the principle that family will always come first and that money is just a tool they can use to live comfortably and to help others. Looking at his grandchildren, Grandpa Hyun couldn't help but smile at how beautiful they all are. His five offsprings gave him two children each, except for  Chung-ryeol and Yun-hui, to whom Bin was born.

"Halabeoji, you're here!" His thoughts were distracted by Bin, who was now enveloping him with his broad shoulder and ushering him to the dining table at their greenhouse patio. The cool, wintry breeze outside couldn't be felt by the heat emanating from the centralized heater and the warm laughter that fills that part of the mansion.

"So what did I miss?" He said, seeing Bin's red face as he took his seat at the center. "Halabeoji, we should celebrate, Hyunsoo made Bin his own SNS account..Your grandson here's becoming more sociable!" In-sung reported, grinning.

"Is that so? Is there anything you want to tell me, Bin?" He gave him a knowing look.

""Halabeoji, it's just a deal between me and Hyunsoo, and these bully cousins of mine here are making a big deal out of it." Bin said poutingly. "Shouldn't we be celebrating because In-sung here has something to announce to us?!" He said, bouncing back at In-sung who seemed to be caught off guard. "Hey, why are you putting me at the hot seat?"

'Okay, enough with the finger-pointing, update me what's going on with your lives. You first In-sung, so what is this that you'd announce to us? Is there a girl you's like us to meet?"

In-sung's mom, who was the youngest daughter of the patriarch, choked at what she heard. "Yah, you haven't told me anything about it?!"

"Oh, that's wonderful, In-sung! You should let us meet her!" Bin's mom, Yun-hui followed up.

In-sung shook his head and glared at Bin, unable to contain the fire he started. "Okay, okay, let me clear myself first." He sighed and continued, with Bin giving him a winning smile.

"I am courting a girl right now, and we're not yet together. I will let you know once I got her yes."

"So, is this for real?" Hyun Ju-ni, one of their female cousins asked him.

"What do you mean, for real? Yes, of course. I'm not playing games here." He said, giving her a smug look. Bin kept a poker face wishing the conversation wouldn't turn his way. Thankfully, Grandpa Hyun followed up, "It's good to hear that from you, In-sung. I couldn't wait to meet this girl, and I'm getting curious now. Shall I call Hyunsoo to create for me my own SNS account so I can be updated on what's going on with your lives?"

"Abeoji, it looks like you're gonna stalk your grandchildren?!" Chung-ryeol, Bin's dad blurted out, amazed at his father's coolness.

"Why not? Bin has it, all of my grandchildren has it, and wouldn't I be a cool halabeoji if I do that?" He said, amused with the idea. The family was thrilled but the younger ones were adamant and couldn't fathom the idea of their halabeoji looking at and liking their posts.