Drunken(?) Confessions

Lotte World Tower, Feb. 28, 10 PM

One by one, Yejin's cinderella friends bid goodbye to her and Bin. They were now at the lobby and Bin was busy calling his driver. Looking at Bin, she figured something's wrong with the way he frowned. A few seconds later, he was on her side, confirming her suspicion.

"Yejin, we've got a problem. My driver had an emergency, he needed to rush his daughter to the hospital and the car was with him." His expression changed, as if hesitating on what he's gonna say next.

"Oh, I hope his daughter is okay?" She asked, feeling sorry for his driver.

"Yeah, he said that they were just right in time. I'm thinking of whether to call any of your friends now or wait for him here. He said he's going back in 20 minutes. What do you think?"

"I'm really not comfortable asking them to go back, their kids are waiting for them at home. I can spare some time Bin, don't worry."

"You sure? That's what I'm thinking too. Then maybe we could find some place where we could wait?" Bin looked around and all seats were occupied.

"Yeah, we could look around." She said ushering Bin to move.

However, they soon realized that most cafes were already closing and they found another bar that was still open at that time. They went inside and found a comfortable place to sit near the bar's window. Just as Bin was going to ask her if there's anything she wants, his phone rang once more and soon, Yejin learned what the call was all about.

"My driver called and he said he cannot leave his daughter just yet, she's got another asthma attack ..I told him not to worry about us and just let us know when he's gonna come. Would that be okay with you?" Bin said, with a worried look on his face.

"Yes, don't worry, I understand, I just hope she gets better soon."

"Okay, then maybe we should need to get something, I'd like some beer, how about you?"

"I'll just get the same, Bin. Thank you."

With that, Bin went over to the counter to get their orders. He returned with two large mugs of beer and a platter of appetizers.

"Is this an extension of our drinking session a while ago?" Yejin teased him when she saw what he got.

"Yes, if you'd like to, I haven't been able to go out for quite some time. I might just as well maximize this night." Bin said, now sitting across her and starting to chug his drink.

"I haven't been out for a while too. Well, this is the first time this year that we hang out again completely." She said, as she started munching on a piece of fried chicken.

Bin looked at her in amusement, as he's always been fascinated at her good appetite. Yejin seemingly read his thoughts and blurted out, "I'm sorry, I just love to eat. Am I annoying to watch?" She said with an apologetic look.

"Ani..I'm just amazed how you seemingly enjoy every food that you eat. If I'm a CF producer, I'll definitely get you as an endorser. I actually wanted to get a bite now of that chicken, by just merely looking at you." He said, his amused smile not leaving his face.

"Jinjja? I don't have to act, right?" Her smile widened as she took a piece of chicken and put it in Bin's plate.

"Thanks. So, how was your time with the ladies?" Bin asked, trying to

"We had fun! Well, it's obvious with how loud we were. How about you? How's it being with our group?"

"To be honest, I didn't really had a lot of friends like you, or a group as big as yours. But I enjoyed being with them, well with you all. It's like a breather since I always got to talk to work friends, you know. It's refreshing to meet people from other walks of life and talk not just about work, but just anything..you know, without the pressure of having to look good or speak well. I really enjoyed it." He said, smiling at his own realizations.