Chapter 1

You and a couple of the avengers were returning from a recent mission in Russia.

You slung your small travel bag over your head, grunting, the strap weighing on your sore shoulder as you stepped off the SHEILD fighter jet.
Thor walked close on your heels to the left, Natasha behind you, and Steve on your right.
The door closed behind you as you walked into the avengers HQ, the other avengers their to greet you.
Your closest friend, Wanda, noticed your discomfort immediately and lifted your bag, setting it aside.
"How did it go?" She asked, giving you a small hug, knowing you were sore. You honestly couldn't have asked for a better friend.
"Good, I'm just sore." You ended with a smile to assure that you were fine.
"You should still see the medic."
You groaned. "I just wanna go home and sleep foreverrr."
Wanda crossed her arms, sighing. "Alright, let's get you home."
"I can take her." Thor offered from behind, your second closest friend.
"Guys, I can handle myself. I'll see you tomorrow? We can meet at our usual place." You squeezed Wanda's hand lightly.
"Ok, take care of yourself. Call me if you need anything."
"Thank you, Wands." You smiled.

You had barely exited the building when you found Thor on your right. He gently grabbed your arm, turning you around.
"Hey...Y/N..." he smiled widely, his perfect teeth shining.
"Hi..? What's wrong? Why are you being weird?" You scowled, knowing something was up.
"I...Um...I need to ask you something."

A few days back~
Thor's POV

"I still don't trust him." Fury paced, his arms clasped behind his back.
"I know he's changed. If you just gave him a chance. He wants to undo the damage he's done." Thor was speaking of his brother, Loki.
Years had passed since New York, many things had changed, for the better, and one of them was Loki.
"How do you know he isn't tricking you like he always does? He is the god if mischief is he not?"
"Yes, but you have to trust me. I know he has changed." Thor persuaded. "He cannot prove himself till we give him a chance."
Fury sighed, falling silent for a moment.
After some consideration, he turned to Thor. "30 days. He has 30 days to prove his worth as an avenger. He needs somewhere to stay other than here as well. I don't trust him with access to so many weapons."
Thor nodded, smiling. "Thank you, you won't regret it."

Time skip to present day ~
Y/N POV

"Ok...? What's up?" Your stomach sank a little, hoping he wasn't asking what could be the only question you could think of.
You loved him as a friend, but nothing more.
"I need a favor. A huge one."
You sighed in relief, tho still felt a little embarrassed about assuming what he wanted.
"Oh?"
"Yes. Can I...take you out to eat something and we can talk there?"
"I'm actually really tired..." you glanced down. "But we can order in and talk at my place."
He smiled brightly, "Yes, wonderful!"

An hour later and you were changed into an oversized sweatshirt and leggings, and chomping on take out, Thor nervously tapping his leg across from you.

"Sooo..?" You picked up a piece of orange chicken with your chopsticks, playing around with it.
"A friend of mine is coming here for a few weeks..." he started. "I was hoping that they could stay with you..? They would pay rent of course."
You fell silent for a moment, rolling the idea around in your head. Depending on who it was...that didn't sound half bad.
You had an extra room, and it would help to have extra money...
"Who is it? Do I know them?"
"Sorta..." he shoveled more Chinese food into his mouth before finishing.
What was making the god of thunder so anxious?
"It's...Loki." The last word came out softly.
You froze, shocked.
"W-what?!" You choked on your last bite of food.  "Why is he coming here?? Don't you know what he's done?!" You stood, walking into the kitchen with your plate.
"I know, but he's changed!"
"Changed?" You scoffed. "He's the god of fucking mischief! He's deceiving you!!"
"Please, Y/N." Thor took your hand, calming you. "You have to believe me. I would NEVER let him come here if I thought he would hurt you."
You leaned on the counter with your elbows, your face buried in your hands. "I want to help you...I really do...but I don't think I can."
"Y/n, please. I can even stay here too for the first few days or week. And if you hate it that much, I'll figure something else out."
You knew he wasn't one to beg. If he was, this was really important to him and he honestly believed Loki was different.
"I...I guess...but I'm not promising to be nice to him or anything. I don't want anything to do with him, as long as he leaves me alone, it should be ok."
Thor jumped, squeezing you in a tight hug as you yelped, your muscles that were still healing, vibrated with pain.
"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry." Thor's bent down, setting you on the couch.
"It's ok. When does he arrive?"
"That's the thing...he's already technically in SHIELD. He's just locked up."
"What?! I thought you took him back to Asgard?"
"Long story...can I bring him tomorrow?"
"Tomorrow???" You gasped. "Can I have like a day or two to prepare?"
Thor nodded. "Yes, sorry. I should be going, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Good night!" You shouted as he walked out, leaving you alone.
What the fuck just happened? You sank into couch, exhaustion taking over as you fell asleep.

Sorry but that's it for this chapter....he'll be in the next one I promise 💚💚