Chapter 2

A few days later....

You sat in your living room, tapping your fingers as a let out of the anger you already felt and Loki hadn't even arrived yet.
Maybe this was a bad idea.
KNOCK KNOCK
Thor's unmistakable banging at the door interrupted you, as you walked over, opening it slowly.
Thor stood there...alone?
You glanced around, a tap on your shoulder drawing your attention. You turned, facing a broad chest covered in dark green armor, your eyes wandering up finding Loki's face, as he smirked.
"Hello, love."
You furrowed your brow, anger rising. "Fuck you." You turned back to Thor as Loki chuckled, amused.
"I'm sorry." Thor sighed. "He still hasn't grown out of his practical jokes."
Thor stayed for a little but soon left, other duties calling him.
You almost regretted telling Thor he didn't need to stay with his brother for a little as silence loomed over the pair of you.
You twisted your hands in your lap, Loki not far down the couch from you.
"Nervous, love?" Don't worry, I'll be gentle." He purred, touching your hand.
You smacked it away and he pretended to nurse his hand as you stood.
"This is how it's gonna be." You crossed your arms. "I'm letting you stay here as a favor to a close friend, but don't take it as me wanting anything to do with it you."
"Believe me, you will, love." He smiled confidently.
You huffed. "Shut up and let me finish. Now, as I was saying, you have your own room, there's no need to exchange pleasantries. You keep to yourself, I'll keep to myself."
Surprisingly Loki nodded.

"Now, it's almost lunchtime

"Now, it's almost lunchtime. I'm ordering in, you do what you like. There's menus on the fridge."
You hadn't had a chance to get groceries yet today. Training took up most of your time.
"You forget one thing love, I don't have your midgardian money." He ended with a slightly confused tone, seeming unsure if he used the proper term.
"How are you paying rent then?"
"Thor is."
"Are you kidding me?" You grabbed your phone opening doordash. "I can't believe this."
You ordered your favorite, y/f/fast food, as well as extra for Loki.
"Where am I staying?" He followed you into the kitchen. "In your room?"
You rolled your eyes, "I already said you have your own room."
"Follow me."
Surprisingly he didn't say anything as he followed quietly back to the guest room. "This is yours."

You hadn't had much time to decorate, nor did you care, for Loki at least

"Is this not good enough for you?" You put your hands on your hips as he eyed the room with a displeased face.
"Is there a better one?"
"Who do you think you are??" You glared.
"A god."
You didn't answer but left, slamming the door behind you. This was not a good idea.
Your temper still flaring you stormed out to the kitchen, drawing in a deep breath.
No. You couldn't let him get under your skin. He couldn't get the satisfaction of annoying you.
With new determination, you went back, swinging his door open to reveal a shirtless Loki.
"Wh-Loki!" You yelled covering your eyes.
"You didn't knock, love. Were you hoping for this?" He smirked.
"No! Food is almost here, so hurry up."

That night~~

You had showered and settled into bed, grabbing your favorite book (mine is Winter, from the Lunar Chronicles 😁).
Not long had you been there when you heard several thumps, and something akin to a yelp of some kind.
What the heck?? You jerked the covers off, swinging your door open, running down the hall, following the sounds.
They led to Loki's room.
Stopping, your pressed your ear to the door. The thumping continued.
"Loki! Is that you making those sounds?" You hissed, angry to be pulled away from your book.
The thumping stopped.
"Loki?"
No answer.
"Loki, if you don't answer me I'm gonna open the door."
"I'm fine." His voice was defensive, angry almost. "Go away."
Excuse me? Telling me to go away in my own house?? Before bursting out, you breathed in. "Are you sure? What was that noise?"
"Nothing. GO AWAY."
A little put off, you turned, walking away.
What was he so upset about?

Apparently the smooth talking flirt Loki appeared to be wasn't all he was. It surprised you but at the same time you'd suspected it.

Sorry for the short chapter! I hope you enjoyed, thank you 💚💚