Chapter 6

You slid your gun into the holster on your side, glancing at Loki, where he stood between you and Steve, standing closer to you.
Loki tapped his thigh with his fingers anxiously, eyes wondering around the room.
Today was his first actual mission with the avengers and whether he admitted it or not, he was nervous.
You wanted to say something to calm him, but you're insistence on keeping your grudge with him interfered.
Instead you pursed your lips, ignoring him, talking to Natasha who stood on your right.

Time skip ~~ after mission
The four of you returned, certainly a sight to behold. Not one of you had escaped without an injury of some sort.
Somehow you ended up with only a couple scratches and bruises, the others, not so much.
Steve took Nat to the medical room, though she fought him a lot, insisting she was fine.
Steve had healed quickly, so he didn't even need medical attention.
You turned, remembering Loki, who stood behind you, leaning over slightly, his hand on his stomach.

You bit back the strong desire to ask if he was ok, to help him walk as he made his way towards you, following you out of the Avengers HQ

The second you got home you ran to the shower, peeling off your clothes, jumping in, humming as the hot water poured over you.
You scrubbed, washing your hair, before reluctantly getting out, throwing on an oversized t shirt and shorts, pulling your hair up in a braid.

Padding out to the kitchen, you rummaged through the pantry, grabbing a bag of chips and soda, moving to the couch.
Not long after you flipped on the tv did you notice Loki hadn't shown up. He always came out and pestered you for food when you tried to watch TV.
Maybe he had gone to bed? That didn't seem right. He'd done nothing but complain about his hunger on the way back.
You stamped down your uneasy feeling that something was wrong, furrowing your brow. He deserved none of your sympathy or concern.

Seconds later you heard him shuffling down the hallway, your heart picking up its pace, despite your determination to not be affected by him.

But the Loki that came around the corner was not the Loki you'd seen earlier today.
His face was paler than usual, sweat beading down his forehead, shoulders hunched.
"Loki?"
He glanced up, the pain visible through his green eyes.
"What's wrong?" Your heart sank.
"I'm...fi—" he was interrupted by a groan as he fell back on the couch.
"No you're not." Your concern grew as he leaned back, closing his eyes. "What happened? Are you hurt?"
His hand still covered the same part of his stomach. Only now did you see blood filling his palm, seeping out.

You felt terrible for ignoring him to the point of not noticing his wound.
"Loki!" You gasped, moving his hand, lifting his shirt, revealing the bloodiest wound you'd ever seen. "Why didn't you say something?!"

He hadn't mentioned any major injuries when everyone had gotten back on the ship, and you assumed he was just tired.
"I'm fine!" He grimaced, hissing.
"You're obviously not. Stay here." You ordered, running to grab your purse, throwing tennis shoes on.
"Cmon," you reached out to help him up.
"No." He refused.
"No?? You need to go to the hospital!"
"No...I can't. I'm—staying."
"You've got to be kidding! You're gonna die!"
"I heal...just takes longer." Loki was breathing hard, his jaw set in determination.