PROLOGUE

Nothing is more dangerous than the feeling of JEALOUSY. She learnt that the hard way.... really..... really hard way.

Mirror mirror on the wall. Who's the most beautiful of them all?
And all the mirrors would turn to her and say... "It's u dear."
That's how she'd lived all her life.

She was the apple of her parents' eyes. Where ever they went, whomever they met, they just wouldn't stop boasting about her daughter's beauty. To them, she was their pride and joy. The most beautiful girl in the world.

Like everyday she walked into the college and like always all heads turned to her. Boys wanted her, girls wanted to be like her. Girls hated how she stole every guy's attention. Even the professors gave her special attention.

Even her friends, no matter what they said, they envied her beauty. They spend thousands of rupees on make up and treatments and clothes just to look better than her but even if she walked in bare faced, she still looked better than her.

Her fair spotless skin, big brown eyes, small forehead and nose, high cheekbones and naturally pink flushed plump lips could beat any cosmetic brand.
She even got offers for modeling and fashion photography but she denied them all. What's more?

She's pretty and she knows it!

Her chin is always high and even though she never looked down on average looking people she knew that there were 3 categories of people....
Ugly, average and Her.

She always considered herself at the top of the food chain. No one could be better than her....that was her truth.
Her beauty was her pride and her attitude her crown. She was a queen of her own kingdom and everyone that saw her became her slave.

It's not her fault to think soo. Her parents had spoilt her completely even though she was from a middle class family.
"She'd one day marry a rich man and live like a queen thanks to her beauty. So she should start practicing now onwards." They used to say as they laid the world in her feet.

Instead of thanking the Lord above for gracing her with such beauty, they bore arrogance and pride in it, looking down on other girls and people.

That....was their biggest mistake!!!

∆∆∆∆∆
Just like everyday she was coming back from the college. She had to cross a small ally on the way home. It was always quite, just the sounds of cats screeching or dogs barking are heard at times. That day too she was crossing the same ally. It was her b'day and the sun had already set hours ago as she came back from celebrating with her friends. Her bag was full of gifts, flowers and cards mostly from her admirers.

She smiled as she put her headphones on and hummed the tune of her favourite song entering the ally. She needed her mobile flashlight that night as it was dark. She pointed it on the ground.

She gasped jumping a little as a cat ran screeching from between her legs.

"Stupid cats!" She muttered holding her racing heart. She closed her eyes taking a deep breath of relief.

However, her relief was short lived as the incident that might change her life forever was about to happen on that very fateful moment.....

She let out a scream and fear coarsed through her body as she saw a figure all covered in black, jumped infront of her. It wasn't too tall, not too short. Just looked a bit shorter in front of her high heeled self.

"Wh...who are you!" She whimpered as the figure pushed her forcefully to the dirty wall making her phone and her bag fall on the ground. All her precious gift scattering everywhere.

She tried to scream again but that figure covered her mouth.
Ofcourse, she wasn't going down without a fight. She kicked and struggled to set herself free from that figure and trying to pull down it's mask to reveal the face. As she pushed it's chest she realised it was a woman.

"Let me go you rotten bitch!" She screamed.

She managed to run, the adrenaline rush in her body giving her the speed and strength but her fancy high heels betrayed her as she tripped and fell on the ground her elbows and knees reveling from her short dress being bruised badly.

She turned around in horror at the woman descending towards her vulnerable form with a long sharp knife gripping dangerously in her left hand.

"P... please let me...g...go. I.... I'm sorry.... d... don't k....k...kill me." She stammered in tears desperately.

But that woman hovered over her pressing down her legs.

Next,
Her scream echoed throughout the empty ally as the side of her face ached in unbearable pain and covered in the red hot blood....

That night....that very fateful, terrible night....her beautiful face was

Scarred!