Four

Huda tiptoed her way into the house and as careful as she could clicked the main door close. It was dark and everyone was probably asleep, especially her Mother in law, which was good. So she turned on her mobile flashlight and found her way to the kitchen for some water.

"Oh! You're home!"

Huda let out a shriek almost falling back on her butt, however, balancd herself and hastily turned on the lights only to find Saqib smiling at her from across the kitchen counter.

"Ya Allah! Uff! You almost gave me a heart attack! What are you doing like that in the dark?" Huda grumbled panting.

"Cooking." He smiled raising his knife up to show her.

"In the dark!"

"I don't need light to do anything. That's why it's been soo convenient for me to practice all this time."

"Ah...you look like a serial killer smiling like with that knife in your hand." She said taking the water bottle out of the fridge.

"And you look like a thief sneaking in like that at 1 am you know." He countered smirking.

Huda almost choked on her water.
"Whatever, you creepster!"

Saqib smiled shaking his head while continuing his work. Huda then took a chair band and sat in front of the counter observing him. If she didn't knew beforehand, it wouldn't been impossible for her to tell that he was blind because of how efficiently he worked.

"So you always keep everything ready huh? What if you miss out something?" She asked curiously.

"I have a sous chef under me or other chefs or cooks at the restaurant and at home, I already give the whole list to the servants or even mom to set everything beforehand."

"Ah! How convenient!"

"I'm almost done. Why don't you be my taster for today?"

"Sure." She shrugged.

He presented the dish on the plate like the professional he was and Huda's eyes were already sparkling.

"Bon appetite!"

"Wow! What's it called?"

"Pesto alla Genovese."

Huda took a bite and almost had a foodgasm

"OMG! Soooooo goood!"

"Is it? This is the first time I've tried making it." He said shyly
Feeling for the fork he first smelled the food and then following the steam pierced it through the pasta them again smelled it before eating it slowly.

"Uh...what are you doing? By the time you took one bite I almost finished half of the plate." Huda asked looking at him weird.

"For us Chefs it's not just eating with our mouths but with our nose, our tongues, our lips."

"Creepy!"

"Why? Haven't you cooked before?"

Huda paused while chewing then tried to change the topic.
"I was soo hungry. I did eat at the party but I had to eat just small portions to show that I was on a diet."
She said before filling her mouth.

"And only I know how much you love to eat. That's one secret between us." He grinned.

"Aren't You happy!" She mocked.

He chuckled.

It was the first time those two were sharing an intimate meal like that together. Opening up to eachother without any critisism. Just laughing and chatting.

Just then her phone buzzed and her face spilt into a huge smile.

"I'm going now!" She said almost throwing the fork and rushed towards the room. Saqib did hear the text sound but he didn't even ask her who it was that was texting her in the middle of the night.

He trusted her....but it was a huge mistake.

∆∆∆∆
It went on for days. Getting texts after midnight and stuff. He couldn't see but he wasn't dumb. He didn't miss her waiting desperately for midnight to come or her subtle giggles and the sound of the mobile keypad. After a few days, she even got calls that she would tip toe away from the bed to attend. Saqib could hear her giggling and talking and now his doubts were raising. Yet he didn't say a word and just let the days pass like they used too.

She was more cheerful those days and used to ignore Saqib even more. She even used to find excuses to go away from home only to come back after hours. Saqib never questioned her even though it pricked like a needle in his chest but whenever her mother in law did, she said that she went to meet her friends or went shopping.

It was until that evening when Huda left her phone on the dressing table and was in the shower. It was Monday off for Saqib and he was home. So when he heard her phone ringing, he just couldn't resist wanting to know who it was. No matter how much he tried to ignore it all that time, deep down he was restless and perturbed.

Swiping from right to left at the bottom was most probably how she answered her calls. So he tried doing it once... twice and third time's the charm.

Before he could even open his mouth.

"Hey babe! Haven't forgotten our date this evening right? I'll pick you up from the park...... Hello....Huda babe, you're not saying anything....hello...."

Saqib hung up.

The ache in his chest that he had been feeling all that while, intensified making him press his lips together as his eyes pricked at the dread of tears.

All his doubts were finally cleared and he let out a shaky breath.

His wife was having an affair.