Chapter One - Returning to the Battlefield

A galaxy divided! Striking swiftly after the Battle of Geonosis, Count Dooku's droid army has seized control of the major hyperspace lanes, separating the Republic from the majority of its clone army. With few clones available, the Jedi generals cannot gain a foothold on the Outer Rim as more and more planets choose to join Dooku's Separatists. While the Jedi are occupied fighting a war, no one is left to keep the peace. Chaos and crime spread, and the innocent become victims in a lawless galaxy. Crime lord Jabba the Hutt's son has been kidnapped by a rival band of pirates. Desperate to save his son, Jabba puts out a call for help—a call the Jedi are cautious to answer...

***

"Are you sure you're ready for this, Freya? You do not need to go if-" Ki-Adi-Mundi spoke as he watched his Padawan hesitantly pick up her lightsaber.

"Yes, Master. I cannot be afraid. I just have to get back out there again," Freya replied, cutting her master off. She was scared, she'll admit but she wanted to help. It's been almost a month since the tragedy. It had shook her. So much that she was pulled from any field duty and kept at the temple for her safety, "So, where are we heading?" she asked as they started making their way towards the landing platform.

"Christophsis. The Council is making you Co-General of the 501st," her master replied with a smile on his face.

"501st? That's Ani's unit, isn't it?" Freya asked, her face breaks out into a smile as she realises that she gets to see her brother again.

"You both have earned it," Master Mundi responded as he tapped the keypad opening the door to the Jedi hanger.

A clone stood waiting beside the transport beside a young girl. The clone turned to the approaching Jedi, "Ah, General Skywalker. Ready to get underway?"

"Yes, Lieutenant. I'm ready," she replied with a smile. Limit was the Lieutenant of her 307th Legion and the only other survivor apart from herself. After that day, she questioned her skills as a leader. She had failed her men and they paid with their lives.

"Hi, I'm Ahsoka," the young girl introduced herself with a bow.

"A pleasure to meet you, Ahsoka. I'm Freya," she replied with a bow of her head.

"Ahsoka will be accompanying you to Christophsis. She's to deliver a very important message," Ki-Adi reported. Freya nodded as she walked halfway up the ramp, turning as she heard her master speak again, "May the Force be with you, Freya," Freya bowed to her master before walking up the rest of the ramp, followed by Limit and Ahsoka. The ship lifts off the platform and flies away. Freya was both nervous and excited. She was going to see Anakin again, after so many months apart. Now they were leading the same legion, they'd never have to be apart again.

***

Christophsis soon came into view. Freya could feel the nervousness radiating from the youngling  sat beside her. Throughout the trip, Ahsoka had deflected her nerves like bolts off a lightsaber but when she saw the planet, her nerves bubbled inside of her stomach like a volcano ready to erupt.

The ship landed on Christophsis, the ramp lowers and Ahsoka is the first to exit. Freya heard two voices from outside she instantly recognised as Obi Wan and Anakin.

"A youngling?" Obi Wan asked as the young female Togruta stepped onto the plaza floor. 

"And who are you supposed to be?" Anakin asked as he looked at the small child. 'Where are our reinforcements?' he asked himself.

The young Padawan lifted her head to look up at Obi Wan and Anakin, "I'm Ahsoka. Master Yoda sent me. I was told to tell both of you that you must get back to the Jedi Temple immediately. There's and emergency."

"Well I don't know if you've noticed." Anakin motioned behind him to the destruction the battle had caused, "But we're in a bit of an emergency right here,"