38

Chapter 38

(3rd Person's POV)

"And then boom! The murderer gets caught." The manly voice spoke up in the room full of rabble of youths. His voice was bit louder because of the excitement and that brought Y/n back to her sense. The others sitting on the table were listening to his self-written story with so much interest, while Y/n was lost in her own thoughts. "So, that was the whole story." Namjoon said and leaned back to his chair with a smile of satisfaction on his dimpled face. Taehyung and Jungkook clapped their hands like babies and praised his story along with it's author. Y/n was clueless for a moment but then she followed them and said, "It was great." She gave an enthusiastic smile in advance. Though she cursed herself in her mind for not listening to a single word.

It was the break time and they had only one class left after that. Y/n didn't have any specific plan so she joined them when she had received a text from Jungkook requesting her to meet in the cafeteria. But after coming here, she started missing something. She started missing someone's presence. Hence, she was busy thinking about him for all those time. Not to mention, he was no one except Park Jimin.

They hadn't seen each other for last 2 days because of Jimin's busy schedule. They talked over phone but still she missed him. It surprised her that they weren't even in an official relationship and she had already started missing him that much. She felt embarrassed at the same time. But she couldn't help. The thoughts were coming on their own. As it was not something so bad, she decided to go along with it. She sighed and got back to her thoughts again.

Jungkook, who was sitting next to her, noticed the slight change in her behaviour. He leaned closer to her and said in a voice filled with warmth, "Are you feeling bored here, Y/n?"

Y/n instantly looked at him. "No, I'm fine." She smiled faintly to remove his concern.

"You're not talking much today." He said as he tilted his head to one side.

Y/n asked in a voice full of confusion. "Am I?" Then she looked at both Namjoon and Taehyung for their opinions, and found them nodding their heads weirdly. She shrugged and smiled nervously before replying, "I don't have any topic to talk today, I guess."

"Umm...okay. Then let me start a new topic." Jungkook said confidently and started talking about the newly opened restaurant near his home. Y/n looked down on her lap and sighed once more. She told herself that she needed to get her acts together so that people won't get worried without any good reasons. Then her eyes shifted towards Taehyung. He gave her a 'are you really ok?' look and she nodded her head shortly in reply which no one else had noticed. However, Taehyung could see through her. She was deeply thinking about something and he got that.

Suddenly, a person entered the cafeteria. Dressing himself in the black t-shirt accompanied by the bleached denim jacket on the top, he was looking fabulous. Simple yet fabulous. Though something was not feeling right. His face looked worried. A line of solicitude on his forehead was visible. He slowly walked towards the table where his friends were sitting and busy gossiping. Y/n didn't notice him at first but when she saw the person, her face lit up instantly. She playfully waved her hands towards him and said, "Hey."

But he didn't notice. He looked all dull and tensed. It was like the usual luminosity of him had dwindled in the air. He stood near the table, didn't even take a seat. "Guys." Jimin spoke up. His voice felt low-spirited.