30

"Are you here to flatter yourself?" Tala raised her brows, "you came here because you know that we aren't high class people. You came here to flatter yourself with all your money, didn't you?" Tala asked with her hands on her hips making Alexia arch her brows, shooting her an ‘are you serious’ look.

"You even brought a rich man with you," Tala continued, looking at Ares who was staring at her with annoyance and boredom clear on his features, "a man who you knew that none of us could have. What are you trying to prove here, huh? That you've fucked a rich dick?"

"I'm pretty sure that you don't wanna go bankrupt or worse..die," I threatened calmly, "you know, I could kill you and get away with it?" Tala rolled her eyes but said nothing, probably thinking that I was kidding.

"I came here because Ben is my brother and I love him," I added, glancing at Ares then back at the woman in front of me, "and for your unkind information, Ben invited Ares here, himself. And watch your tone when you speak to me, trust me you don't wanna mess with me." Without giving her the chance to say anything else, I stood up and walked away.

I went outside, in need of some fresh air when the familiar pair of grey eyes haunted my mind. It's been almost two months since we've known each other and during that short period of time, we've grown pretty close. I told him about Michael—not many people knew about him. When Ares asked about him, I like I could trust him. I wanted to tell him.

I couldn't get what happened in the bathroom the other day out of her mind, it was like it's stuck there. The mere thought Ares kissing me made my knees go weak. For an assassin to feel such things were considered being weak. But fuck it. Ares had been nothing but nice to me, something nobody's ever did for years now.

"You're here," his familiar voice brought me from my thoughts. I didn't bother to turn to look at him, he made his way beside me, "I've been looking for you." I glanced at him, "well, you've found me."

"Have you told your mom about your plan to kill your dad?" He asked to which I shook my head, "no, she does not need to know about it."

He hummed in response, "Ben is excited for his gift." I smiled at that, nodding softly, "he loves getting gifts and surprises. I'm sure he's going to love what we bought for him."

"You know I have noticed something." Ares said, running a hand through his hair as I stared at him, "what is it?"

"You rarely smile," he pointed out, "you are yourself only when you are with Ben or with your mom."

"And you, sometimes," I said before adding, "I don't know why but I feel like I can be myself with you. You never judged me."

"And I never will," there was assurance and seriousness in his tone, "I am myself with you, Alexia. I never have felt like I can be myself with anyone else except my parents, siblings and Xavier. All people see me as the Mafia King, the cold leader of the Italian Mafia or the CEO of my company," he let out a scoff, "but you—you don't seem to be giving a damn about all that."

I smiled softly at him before saying, "I never will. You know, my dad wanted me to kill you. The night we met, he told me to do whatever I can but he needs you dead. He did not even once think about me. He knew that it would be a suicide mission for me considering that you're the most powerful mafia leader and stuff. All he cares is about himself and his fucking position. I would've done what he asked me to, even if it would have been unsuccessful but then he changed plans."

"Did you want to kill me?" Ares asked which made me shook my head almost instantly before replying, "I refused but then he asked me if I would want my mom's, Ben's and Carl's dead body as a Christmas gift."

"He blackmailed you," he muttered and I nodded, "he told me that I should not have any weakness but I do."

"Family makes you stronger—" he said seriously, ",—you'd do anything for them because you love and care for them. You love your family like I love mine and there's nothing weak in that. You're doing a good thing by killing him and I will stand by you but you should know that—" he sighed, "—he is your father and you're about to kill him. You should know that there's no backing away in here."

"I want him dead. I've never been more sure of anything my entire life."

"Okay then," he gave me a curt nod, "we'll start planning tomorrow. Could you come to my office? You know where is, don't you?" He asked to which I nodded.

"Great. Let's give his gift now, he's probably running out of patience. Wait right here, I'll go call him." He said before walking away.

Few seconds later, he came back with Ben's small hand in his. Ben had excitement written all over his face.

"Where is it?" He asked, his eyes twinkling in impatience.

"Right here," I said, pointing to something covered with a large cloth.

Ben ran to the thing and removed the cloth. He let out a gasp when he saw what was under.

Two huge remote-controlled vehicles. The first one was a blue-black Bugatti—it could be controlled by remote or manually. He could even get inside and drive it on his own.

And the second was a bike. It was remote controlled and can be controlled manually as well. He could ride it just like an actual bike.

"These are the best gifts ever!" He beamed, staring at his gifts in astonishment.

Everyone gathered outside probably because they heard Ben shouting. Mom and Carl sighed in relief when they saw that he was just excited.

"Why are you so happy?" Mom asked as she made her way through the crowd and came where Ben was.

When she saw his gifts, her eyes widened and she looked at me then at Ares.

"Mommy! Daddy! These gifts are from Alexia and Ares." Ben stated, "I love them soo much!"

"Did you thank them?" Carl asked to which Ben shook his head before instantly thanking both Ares and I then he gave both of us a hug. Ares flashed me a wink, mouthing ‘I told you so’. I rolled my eyes, not bothering to fight the smile that spreaded on my lips. He was the one who suggested we buy him those two things.